Sunday, March 21, 2010

Stock Show... From January!!!!

In January, we went to the Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo with my parents. I took a ton of pictures…. So here they are!
Our big (little) helper....
Back when we still had a paci.... it seems like he's been without it for so long, but it's really only been just over a month now. Such a big boy!!!

Checking out the animals:



Jayna took her pitcture on the horse... we try to get one of these pictures everytime we go. Barrett wanted nothing to do with it though!


So we thought that maybe he would sit with the baby goats.....

Yeah right! He's out of there!
And then we got to watch them milking the cows.....
We fed the horses..... Jayna loves animals.
Barrett likes the 'idea' of animals more than he likes the animals, but he is getting better....

Petting the baby calf....
we tried to snap a quick picture before the mama or the owners ran us off! =)
Getting ready to head to the rides.... Entering the Midway.... Jayna instantly was ready to ride something.

She's a little distracted..... Jayna, look at the camera!
I was the lucky one that got to ride with her!!! My mom was taking pictures....
We just wouldn't be still so that she could get a good shot!
We were worried that Barrett would freak out on the rides, but he seemed to like it.
What do you think? =)
Arms UP!!!
Jayna was eager to ride in these airplanes. My dad helped her get up there and we waited for the attendant to start the ride….. and we waited. And finally, he closed the gate and Jayna said, ‘I need to go potty’. That’s how it always works!!! LOL So I got her off of the ride and we ran to the bathroom and of course there was a line. And then we ran back to the ride so that she could fly her plane!

I didn’t get any great pictures, unfortunately.
Okay, Now we are ready!!!
Just some random pictures of everyone...

Barrett and Jayna rode this car ride and I snapped a bunch of pictures…..

From this picture, it almost looks like we had the whole fair to ourselves!
Wouldn't that be nice???? =)
And then they rode the merry-go-round. Is that what it’s called???? I don’t know… maybe the carousel???? Who knows! They rode this:
Excuse me sir? Do I know you????
My dad is quite the jokester!!! They aren't really kissing.... My mom was laughing and laughing! We were trying to create a sweet moment on the midway with the lights.... you know, like in the movies?? Oh well.....

Nana & Papa beat us back to the car.....

While we were there, Jayna said that she was hungry and wanted a corn dog. We were planning on going out to eat, so we got a few snacks to hold her over: A candy stick…. Some popcorn…. A drink….. and then we ended up getting her a corn dog. You know the REALLY BIG corn dogs? Well, she ate almost the whole thing and still said that she was hungry! So then she had some cheetos… and some animal crackers. We loaded up and went to the Olive Garden and when the waitress walked up, Jayna said, ‘Um, what kind of food do you have here?’. We all snickered and the lady started telling her, ‘Spaghetti, Pizza….’ And Jayna said, ‘Pizza! I want a cheese pizza and no pepperoni’. Well, again, she ate almost the whole thing!!! And then she ate off of our plates too. I think that is the most she has ever eaten in one day! And no, she didn’t get sick.

It was crazy! =) But I think that she enjoyed herself.


My family has gone to the stock show and rodeo every year and I look forward to making it an annual event for our kids. And as they get older, its more and more fun!

I also have pictures from Jayna’s birthday parties and I will try to post those soon too!

(Just a note.... I started this post on Sunday and it is now Tuesday.... it has taken me 3 days to complete!!!!)

No comments: