As mentioned in previous posts, school has been going really well. At this point and I am still making A's. One of my class grades dropped to 89.94%, but I'm confident that I can still pull off an A by the end of the semester!
When I had started my Spanish class, I really thought it was kind of easy and I was retaining a lot of the information. I was SUPER excited, because I thought that I might actually be able to speak Spanish someday! As the weeks have gone by... I don't feel as confident. I started thinking about graduating and wondering how I will ever graduate if I have to take 3 more Spanish classes????
When I was fresh out high school, my original major was Psychology, minoring in Criminal Justice. My plan was to become a criminal pyschologist and work for the FBI. I wanted to write book about serial killers. My, how things have changed. Even when I started doing mortgages, I didn't change my degree plan. I really wanted to finish is Psychology.
When I had started my Spanish class, I really thought it was kind of easy and I was retaining a lot of the information. I was SUPER excited, because I thought that I might actually be able to speak Spanish someday! As the weeks have gone by... I don't feel as confident. I started thinking about graduating and wondering how I will ever graduate if I have to take 3 more Spanish classes????
When I was fresh out high school, my original major was Psychology, minoring in Criminal Justice. My plan was to become a criminal pyschologist and work for the FBI. I wanted to write book about serial killers. My, how things have changed. Even when I started doing mortgages, I didn't change my degree plan. I really wanted to finish is Psychology.
Before we moved back to the Fort Worth area, I spoke with an adviser at UNT and we decided to change my major to General Studies, so that I would be able to graduate sooner. For a Psychology degree, there is one class that I would never be able to take because it is only offered once a year (not a semester - once a year!), on Tuesday/Thursday at 2:00 p.m.! Yeah right! I wouldn't be able to get that schedule to work in a million years. So I switched majors for the 1st time since I started college in 2000, but I still have the foreign language to complete - yuck!
Over the last weekend, I started thinking more about the Criminal Justice degree plan, so I called UNT and I briefly talked to a different adviser who told me I don't have to take a foreign language for a Criminal Justice degree! Praise the Lord! I am so excited! I can't even tell you how much stress this takes off of me. Most likely, changing degree plans (again) will only require another 12-16 hours for me to graduate. Fingers crossed! I should know something for sure this next week. Please say a prayer this is the case and I can finally graduate.... 11+ years later!
No comments:
Post a Comment