Tuesday, August 28, 2012

2nd day of school

If you already read yesterday's post, I added one thing to their lists... no biggie.  :)

After their first day, I asked what they like the best and here are their responses:
Jayna - going outside and finding acorns and learning about raccoons in class
Barrett - playing games on the board (smart board)

Both of their classes have 10 kids each.  Barrett's class has pre-k and kindergartners and Jayna's class is 1st and 2nd grade.  I like the smaller classes and the fact that they can be just across the hall from each other.  The school that they go to is the perfect fit for their personalities and my 'picky-ness'

I did want to report on how things were going in school based on the 2nd day.  As Bonham took the kids to school, he let them know that he wasn't going to take them inside everyday, but that he was going to eventually drop them off at the parent-drop off area.  Barrett said, "I want to go in by ourselves.  I don't want you to go in with us."

Really?!?  Already?!?

Don't get me wrong... it's better than crying when he's dropped off, I'll give you that, but it is shocking!  And a little sad...  :(  Bonham pulled up and got them out of the car and opened the front door and let them walk into school alone.  Such big kids!

I asked Barrett how school was today and he said it was good.  He didn't elaborate more and he doesn't know any of the other kids names yet, but I told him that he needs to learn them by Friday.  I don't expect him to know all of them, but I think it will encourage him to learn more of them a little more quickly.

Jayna had a good day at school too.  She is already wanting to start practicing her writing skills in her notebook.  She is just like me - let's just jump in!  I want homework on the 2nd day too.  They have computers in her class and her teacher said that they won't really bring home a lot of homework.  I guess we will have to make up some homework for her, if she really wants it... 
Jayna's teacher also has a class blog, which I LOVE!  I am excited to see what is on there. 

Thanks for tuning in...   :)  Have a great night!

No comments: