Thursday, January 8, 2009

The long awaited Christmas post

So we had a very FULL Christmas and we are still recovering. For those of you who read a previous post that said all the places that we had to go, you probably don't need me to go through it again.... so here is the short version.... we went to Waco, New Braunfels, San Antonio, Big Spring, Weatherford, Saginaw and back to Abilene in 6 days! The day after Christmas Bonham, Jayna and I were all sick for a few days... we had fever, running nose, cough, etc. I thought that we were in the clear after a few days, but then Barrett had to have his turn too. Fortunately, he waited until we were all done being sick before he got sick, which was nice because he was very needy. Enough about that....

I have so much that I have meant to blog about and I just haven't had the time recently, so I do apologize for that. Since I started keeping the kids home in October, I have tried to get everyone on a schedule and it has been very difficult. Jayna has watched a lot more t.v. than I had hoped and after our Christmas travels, I was hoping to break her of that habit. Tuesday was the first day in a very long time that the t.v. didn't come on until just before bedtime. For those of you who have small children, you probably relate, but for those of you with no children, much older children or picture-perfect children, you may not understand. It is so easy just to give in when she asks to watch t.v., because then I can tend to Barrett, do the dishes, make lunch... whatever I need to do. But now that Barrett is getting older and starting to play more, I can do more with Jayna. So all day Tuesday, all day Wednesday and today, no t.v. until bedtime. Now today, we didn't spend a whole lot of time at home, but still.....
It was hard the first day,. but it was a lot easier the second day and she went down for nap better, she ate lunch better, she did almost everything more agreeably than before. I think that we may be on to something..... =) I pray that we are able to keep this up.

I know that I cannot get away with writing this blog without mentioning what today is.... It is Elvis Presley's birthday!!! And my friend Mandy's birthday! And our 4th Anniversary too!!! =) I can't believe that it has been 4 years... man, how time flys!

Most of you were probably hoping for pictures and I do have some, but I will have to post them later, it's getting late.
I will try to post again over the weekend.....

No comments: