Sunday, January 23, 2011

Spanish is foreign to me...

First, let me apologize to everyone who has been checking this on a regular basis. I haven't really been in the mood to post anything... every time I sit down to write, I have to stop because it sounds so negative. I don't want this to be a 'complaining' blog.

I did want to post a few little updates. I started school on the 18th. I am taking 13 hours and they are all online. I really only need about 26 hours to graduate from UNT, but because I have to complete my foreign language, it is going to take me a little longer and 2 semesters. Since can't I take all of the Spanish classes at once, I figured that I would take some other classes that might help me when I am teaching and some that might be interesting. I spoke with an advisor at UNT and I only have to complete 12 hours from there, so I am taking the others at Tarrant County College, because it is a lot cheaper! I am hoping to be finished in the next 1 1/2 to 2 years. The Spanish class is going to be the most time consuming, but it's actually pretty fun. I took Spanish in Junior High and High School. And then I took this same college Spanish class about 7 years ago, so I am retaking it because there is no way that I can remember everything from that one to pass the next level. So I should do really well in this class.

Jayna is preparing for her upcoming birthday. I can't believe that she is about to be 5 years old in March! I remember bringing her home from the hospital like it was yesterday!

In the past few weeks, Barrett has gone from being more 'baby-like' to being more like a big-boy! He is using larger sentences and saying phrases that we didn't even know he knew. (I hope that makes since.) I am trying to get this typed up and then I need to get back to my homework.

My job is going alright... the mortgage industry has never been an easy industry to work in. I have days that I am really pumped and excited about making some real cash and then other days, when loans are falling apart and I can't seem to get people qualified, it's wears on me. It doesn't help that I miss my kiddos when I am at work.... And I miss my 'Mamo-day!'

I am going to wrap up this post and try to post more later. I am hoping to have some pictures soon too. =)

No comments: