Thursday, January 31, 2013

Stock Show and Rodeo 2013

This last Sunday, we went to the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo.  When I say "we", that included the following: me, Bonham, Jayna, Barrett, Presley (our niece), and my Parents, AKA: Nana and Papa

This nice camel-shaped cow let the kids pet it - so sweet...








Barrett, the future tight-rope walker:

Nana and Papa promised Barrett that they would buy him a cowboy hat.  
Once he had it, we had to take pictures:
This face is his 'Cowboy' face!  Priceless!

The cowboy and cowgirls - little posers!
Yippee Ky Aye (sp?)

Children's Petting Zoo:






Barrett didn't want to hold the food down 

My dad and Bonham (spectators)


I think these girls need some bunny rabbits of their own!

Barrett, doing what he is does best: climbing!


This little black goat was only 5 days old - too cute.  
Makes me want our goat to have some babies soon...


Papa and his granddaughters:

Nana and Papa with 3 of their 4 grandchildren (Grant, the youngest, can go next year)
I don't think Nana really understands the silly pictures

Jayna was watching these little pigs and they were SO cute!  
They were chasing each other and running around like crazy.  
So, to update the list, we need.... baby goats, some bunny rabbits, and some pigs!  
Oh, and a horse!

I love that my kids are silly and they don't mind me taking pictures of their silliness.  I'm sure there will come a time though, so I'd better enjoy it while it lasts!

My sweet boys:

Now here is a challenge for you: getting a 4, 5, and 6 yr old to sit with 3 baby goats!
The pictures tell the story...






BRING ON THE RIDES!!!





Presley is about 6 months older than Barrett, but she is several inches shorter, so she wasn't allowed to go down this slide alone.  Uncle Bonham, being as cool as he is, agreed to go down with her.















After the huge slide, the kids went on a Pirate Ship style maze/fun house thing.  I missed Barrett coming down the slide  :(  but I did get the girls.


The next ride was the Bear Affair - the kids laughed the whole time.  I believe it was a hit!




And what is a carnival without being air born?



Taking a break from the rides and enjoying some RODEO:








After the rodeo, we let the kids ride a few more rides...






We had to tell Barrett multiple times to SIT DOWN.  
The others parents were looking at us like, 'Oh man! Have you got your hands full!'

One of the last rides for Barrett was this crazy spinning thing.  I think there were only three kids on the ride and Barrett went to double up in a car with this cute blonde girl... what a ladies man!  We told him to give her some space and get his own seat.  Her parents were laughing at him.  The little girl didn't seem to mind.  It's probably best that he had some space to spread out, because he was being crazy.  Surprise, Surprise!  :)





Papa was the official hat holder:


Nana and Presley on their last ride of the day:


Jayna on her last ride:

Good-bye friends!

No comments: