I am starting this post with no title and we will see where it goes....
I have a few things that I could blog about, now I just have to decide what????? It's getting late, so I don't want to drag this out..... I am going to try to get up early (that's harder than it sounds) and exercise! I keep thinking that I will do it in the evening, but by the time the kids go to bed, I am too tired to exercise.
Everyone asks about my job, so I will give some updates about that.... it is going well. I stay really busy most days. I work with nice people and the customers have all been nice to work with. I can't believe that I have been working there for 2 months already. Next month, I will be eligible for a raise and I am hoping for a decent to large raise - we will see! Keep our fingers crossed.
I forgot to take the camera to Jayna's first t-ball practice - it was a hectic day. I was going to take it today.... batteries charged and everything! And then it rained, so practice was cancelled. Anyway, there wasn't a whole lot to take pictures of just yet. It was kind of crazy..... kids almost hitting each other with bats and things..... And you know how there is always that one kids that is out in the field picking flowers and wants to get a drink after every little bit of exertion of energy? Well, that was my kid! Jayna is probably the least athletic person on the team. And every time she did something, she ran over to get a drink..... she lost interest in practicing really fast. But there is one kid on the team that can hit the ball really far and he can throw the ball over the coach's head! I'm glad he's on our team! Not that it really matters; they don't keep score or anything. It will interesting to see how things turn out for Jayna by the end of the season.... stay tuned for more.
I debated whether or not to post about this next topic. I know that I have posted a few times about Bonham's various jobs and looking to apply for something closer to what he got his degree in..... well, this one is BIG. His handyman business has been very steady and real estate is starting to pick up, but there is never a guarantee on the income and that is the way we have lived out entire married life. Since taking this job that I have, the stress level in our house has come down immensely because we know that every two weeks 'X' number of dollars is coming in. We got to talking the other day about how nice it would be if he had a job that did that too - we would never have the 'BIG' paydays that could happen with real estate and good handyman jobs, but it would be steady and predictable and we could sure use some of that. So anyway..... Bonham applied for a job at ACU (Abilene Christian University) for the Director of Intramural Sports. We don't know how much it pays, but the benefits are cheaper than what I can get at the credit union and they also have tuition credit for the whole family, so I could finish my degree at a fraction of the regular price!!!! Anyway, he found the job posting through job search engine and it's not listed on ACU's website, so we are hoping that the position is still open and that Bonham will get the job. If you like to pray, please pray about this. =) Bonham really wants to do something in the recreation field and this experience could help him to get some killer jobs in the future.
I will let you know what we hear as soon as we know more!
I still have no title at the end... so I went with 'No Title'
And since it's late..... I didn't proofread, so please excuse any errors - just try to figure out what I meant to say! =) Goodnight all!
No comments:
Post a Comment