How about 54 'Amen's, 16 'That's Right's and 3 'Uh-huh's!!!!!
A little background to get us started: So we tried a new church weekend before last. We were invited by the leader of a young married couples class. Sunday School started at 9:45, so that worked well for us. The young married's class is called Companions Class and there were about 10-12 people there including the teacher and his wife. A nice couple be-friended us and made us feel really welcome. Jayna seemed to like her class, but Barrett had a rough time because it was time for morning nap and the room was bright and colorful, so he had a hard time getting to sleep.
So on to the real story...... During the church service this lady in front of us kept saying, 'Amen' after everything the preacher said. She said it after he quoted some author (not a bible verse or even a deep thought), so it didn't make a lot of since. And then the preacher told a story about a study done at a University that proves that people like to follow the crowd and the preacher said, 'Many times, we will choose to be wrong with the majority instead of being right and alone' and she followed that up with an, 'Amen'! How does that even make since? It was really hard not to laugh.... but I held it in.
On Friday night, the nice couple that we met had us over for dinner - their names are Paul and Jilian - I couldn't find the proper English/flow to fit this into my story, so I just threw it in here! So I was telling Jilian that Bonham and I didn't have anything negative to say about the church, which was a first for us. Most of the churches that we have tried have had something that we didn't like about them. But I did tell her that the lady that says 'Amen' all the time was a little distracting, so next time, we can't sit so close to her. She told me that we would be able to hear her anywhere in the sanctuary..... of course, that's our luck! The 2 most A.D.D. people......
She told me that she and Paul don't know her name so they refer to her as 'Sister Amen' and then she told me about 'Brother That's Right'. He says, 'That's Right!' (I'm sure that you had already guessed that though.) He wasn't at church the first time we went, but he was there yesterday!!!
I couldn't help myself.... I had to tally them up! =) She beat him by a mile. I actually didn't know that Brother That's Right was there until half way through the service and he was right behind me!!! Oh man, did I want to laugh when I first heard, 'That's Right!'. Man, will I ever grow up? Probably not!
So the grand total was:
54 Amens - Thank you Sister!
16 That's Rights - Come on Brother - you're falling behind!
3 Uh-huhs - These also came from Brother That's Right..... he decided to spice up his Sunday routine!
Okay, I have too much fun. I hope that you were able to read this the way that I heard it in my head, because it's SUPER funny!!!! LOL
2 comments:
made my day! thanks for the laugh! uh-huh!
You are too funny! Glad you found a church that you like--even with them interrupting! =)
Post a Comment