I can't believe that I have gone a whole month without blogging. Well actually, a little over a month! I'm wondering if all of my readers (all 4 of them) have stopped tuning in for updates???? It's kind of funny how time goes by so quickly and I think, 'Man, I have been so busy... I could go on for hours!' and then I pull up the blog and Nothing! I can't think of anything funny or clever to say. Of course, I have absolutely NO pictures to share. I don't even think I could tell you when is the last time that I took a picture or even where to find my camera.
Here is a brief overview of the last month:
Work all week, DJ on Saturday, Church on Sunday, Start over on Monday.... Repeat for 5 weeks straight!!! It has been insane. This is our first weekend off from having t a wedding to DJ in 5 weeks. We don't even know what to do with ourselves.
We had some friends over last night and we stayed up way too late, so Bonham let me sleep in until 10:30 and now it's his turn to rest - we are so old. =)
Today is September 5th - Jayna is three and a half today. I can't believe she is getting so big and so mature. She recently started going to Kinder Care Learning Center. Most of you have probably heard of it - It's a chain. We haven't been happy with the child care that was being provided at her other day care, so we moved her and Barrett is on the waiting list to move over there too. It may awhile for him because of his age, but the director said that she would get him in as soon as she could. Kinder Care is almost 40% more a month than the other day care when we combine both of the kids' tuition. That is about the only negative thing, but I can't say enough nice things about the center, the director and the staff. It's a really well run organization and Jayna is so happy there. I will try to post more about it later.
Barrett is almost 15 months old and such a big boy. He's a good eater and very active. He is curious and mischievous. He's also a little violent - not sure if that is just a boy thing or what, but it's very different than how Jayna acted. We are trying to get him to understand not to hit, but then as a parent, you come to that dilemma of trying to reason with a 14 month old why we don't hit or popping his hand or leg to discipline his behavior. Now, how much since does it make to say, 'We don't hit!' and then turn around and hit him???? Very confusing for him, I'm sure. It confuses me and I'm 27 years old. We try to separate him and have him sit down (like a mini-time-out), but I'm not sure he understands that either..... He is just so much bigger than the other kids and he seems very storing for his age, I just don't want him to hurt someone. Other than that, he's a great kid!!! LOL =)
Well, I guess I will wrap this up. No, I did not proof read, but I am going to spell check.... hope it wasn't too hard to get through!
Until next time...... =)
1 comment:
Love it. :) hang in there, mom.
Post a Comment