Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Month of Freedom....

from DJ gigs, that is!!!

We have had so many people call about the 17th and the 31st of October, but we have turned them all away. The 17th is Pig Roast Weekend - for those of you who know about that, you know that the music equipment is used, so we couldn't book anything. And the 31st is Halloween and I am not missing out on trick-or-treating with Little Bo Peep and my little Lion Cub!

I know that I haven't blogged in almost a month.... again! It's horrible, I know. But we have been so busy and I really didn't feel like I had anything to say. Not that I haven't thought about a lot of different topics: some funny, some sad, some random, some thought-provoking.... but when I sit down at the computer.... NOTHING!!! I even thought to myself, 'what if I try to blog everyday for a week? Surely something will come to me!' Yeah right.... I couldn't even do day 1!

I feel really bad about not posting any pictures, but I don't even know where my camera is! Can you believe it? It's the strangest thing. But even if I found it, it wouldn't matter because it hasn't been working very well for several months. I am hoping to get a new (better) camera as an early Christmas gift (hint, hint Bonham).

Just a quick update on everything: Jayna is still going to Kinder Care and Barrett is on the waiting list (two and a half more months). Jayna is in Awanas at church now and loving it! Barrett is practicing to be a professional baseball player. It's the funniest thing. He will stand to the side and throw the ball with perfect form sometimes. I don't know how boys just instinctively know what to do with a baseball. His Uncle Jeff would be so proud. He really has good form for a 15 month old!!! One concern though, it's his left hand. I don't know for sports if that is an advantage or disadvantage. I guess we will wait and see.

We have some big plans for October..... we are going to relax this Saturday, but on Sunday we have a company picnic in the afternoon. I have been at the credit union for 6 months now. Sometimes it feels like I just started working there and other days it feels like I have always been there.
Next weekend, we are going to visit Bonham's Grandparents. I wish I could say that I will have pictures to post, but I can't make any promises!
The weekend of the Pig Roast, we are going to do our own bit of camping with the kids! We are going to the Abilene State Park ( about 30 minutes outside of town) and try camping. I'm not sure how rustic it will be; I think that they have electricity. We are just going to try it out and see what the kids think about it. Jayna has been asking to put a tent up outside, so I think she will get a kick out of it! =) I really will try to take pictures of this for everyone!
The next weekend, we don't have anything planned, but you never know....
And then for Halloween, I think my parents might be coming.... maybe? I'm not sure, they are supposed to get back to me about that. It will be lots of fun with the kids this year!

I guess we will call it a night. If I still have any readers and you are interested in submitting a blog topic, please email your request to: cristinacalk@yahoo.com

Goodnight

No comments: