I was thinking of what to title this blog, but I don't really have a good title, so I wasn't going to force it....
I was going to let everyone know that I am getting a new camera soon, so as long as I can figure our how to work it, I should be able to post some pictures!!! I know, it's hard to believe. I think it's been almost a year since I posted any pictures- bad mom!
The camera should be here by this Wednesday. I ordered it off of the QVC website. They are great! They have everything... I mean EVERYTHING! We went to Best Buy to see one in person and check the price to be sure that we were getting a good deal online. And it seems like we are, so I ordered it. This works out really well because this coming weekend we are going to visit both of Bonham's Grandparents and maybe my Aunt Stella (who all live in the San Antonio area) and we would really like to get some good pictures of the kids with them. Before we head out of town, we were going to stop at the pumpkin patch and take the kids pictures....
And then the next weekend is our camping trip to the Abilene State Park! And the two weeks after that is Halloween!!! So lots of photo-worthy moments to capture!! It should be fun!
I have been meaning to blog about this for a few days, but I haven't had the time or energy..... But Jayna has said some of the funniest and cutest things recently. The other day as she was getting ready, we had this conversation:
Jayna: Mommy, my heart is sad.
Me: Oh, why is your heart sad?
Jayna: I think I don't know....
Me: Well, what would make your heart happy?
Jayna: Jesus
It was so sweet. I really didn't know what to say after that. So I told her that I agreed with her. The leader of our small group at church had talked about feeling proud when his kids would ask, 'Do you think that God is proud of me?'. And I just couldn't understand that feeling until Jayna said that. I am so glad that she is learning about Jesus and she talks about it. It does make me proud.
The other thing that happened recently was that Jayna and Barrett went to get flu shots on Friday. We were all going to get them, but there were a lot of people there, so I had to leave Bonham with the kids so that I could get to work on time. And Bonham isn't a huge fan of shots, so he elected not to get one with the kids watching him. Jayna and I had talked about getting the shot and she didn't want to and she was a little upset about it. I had Alyson talk to her about getting a shot and not being scared. I think that helped her the next day because she talked aobut Alyson getting shots and she is a big girl.... I don't know if she meant that Alyson was a big girl or she (Jayna) was a big girl. But nonetheless, she did great. I couldn't stay, but Bonham called me when it was over and he told me that the doctor had her look straight ahead at Bonham. Bonham was having her count how many fingers he was holding up and then the doctor gave her the shot and she turned and looked at him and said, 'ouch' in a drawn out way. But she never cried! And she was so proud of herself! And we were too! She wanted to show off her band-aid all day!
Now, Barrett on the other hand.... he didn't deal with it as well and unfortunately since he has never had a flu shot, he has to go back in a month for another one. Bonham and I can't remember if Jayna has had one before, so we will have to call her previous doctor to ask.... Bonham thinks she has had one and I think she hasn't.... So we will see.
Hope that this post didn't put you to sleep! It has almost put me to sleep, so I'd better go to bed! =)
Goodnight....
1 comment:
I'm so proud of Jayna!! Glad I could help! Tell her we are both big girls now!! I guess I should have given Bonham a pep talk too!! =)
Post a Comment