The 2nd Christmas that we celebrated is what we call 'our Christmas', but it really just means the four of us. Because my parents live so close, we invited them to share the morning and have breakfast. This is Christmas Eve, Eve night and my dad and Bonham were working hard to get the kids' trampoline set up. We had this thing in the back of my suburban for almost a month and I was very happy to get it out! It took them over 2 hours to get it together. The part that took the longest was the netting around the top. They had to basically sew it together... and it was COLD outside! I originally planned on helping, but I went inside instead. I did bring them hot chocolate, so I did my part! Thank you dad and Bonham for pulling off the best Christmas ever, as Jayna calls it!
While they were outside getting that done, I was inside clearing a place for Jayna's new desk! Bonham refinished this old desk and it is beautiful. Jayna had been asking for a desk for sometime now and this one is perfect for her! She slept through us moving furniture and talking. Thank goodness for deep sleeping kids!
We wanted to be sure that the kids didn't see their Santa gifts or the trampoline before my parents got there, so we set up a barrier and a sign that read, "Dear Jayna and Barrett, Do Not Enter! Love, Mommy and Daddy" Sweet, huh? haha!
This screen door that is blocking Jayna was my gift from my parents... I am just waiting for my elf (Bonham) to put it up for me.
I removed the barrier, because the kids were sitting and waiting patiently for Nana and Papa to come over... Jayna is rocking Barrett like a baby. They are so sweet to each other.
Santa gifts! They got stockings filled with goodies and 2 board games each. They wrote Santa and asked for games that they could play with each other. Sweet, right?
Showing off their new games...
Please excuse the scary eyes.
The big reveal!
They couldn't wait to get in there and jump, even if it was freezing outside!
Of course, Bonham had to show them some moves...
Back to opening presents....
Moons for the their rooms
What Barrett calls 'fighting birds'
stuff for Jayna's babies...
Barrett saw a Rubik cube on TV and he wanted one, even though it says 8+, I figured it would be fun. And he is really smart, so it's all good...
A boy Barbie doll to balance things out... Barrett is amazed! You can see his little lips, 'oooh'
He thinks that the boy doll should be for him, because Barbies are supposed to be girl dolls, not boy dolls. Makes since.
So this is a popular look for him... 'ooooh' Fighting Birds coloring book!
Pinkadoodles coloring book! (and what I like to refer to as 'Christmas-hair')
Hot potato - I think we all like playing this game.
More Fighting Birds - I am sensing a theme here...
This was Jayna's gift to Barrett - Jake and the Neverland Pirates Ship!
She is showing him how to use it.
Jayna's gift from Barrett - a pack-n-play, high-chair, changing table
combo for her baby dolls. She loves it!
And these were their final 12 days of Christmas gifts from George and Shirley - thank you again for spoiling our babies! They had so much fun with it.
Playing some games with Nana and Papa while waiting for
their pancake breakfast to be ready
After breakfast, we played a little more and then cleaned up for part 3 of Christmas... back to my parents' house for Christmas with my brother and his family.
This Christmas, we tried to add to our game collection. As the kids get older, I would like to start doing Game/Movie Night. They are still kind of young, so its not quite time yet, but we definitely have the games and movie collections to start it up! The hardest part right now is keeping all of the pieces together. Bonham told the kids that sometimes losing 1 piece of a game can keep you from playing it... so true. I used to love board games as a kid. Who am I kidding? I still love games! I hope that the kids enjoy playing them too!











No comments:
Post a Comment