Tuesday, February 12, 2013

100th Day of School

The kids had their 100th day of school last week.  In celebration of this day, they  dressed like they were 100 years old and they got to play games.  Here are some pictures of the preparation of the 100th day:

 Barrett was in need of a hair cut anyway, so we decided to give 
him an old-man's do by shaving the top part of his hair.





 He also had a hat, just in case...

I pulled out some of my Granny's old jewelry and Jayna loved it... 



The day of:

I used flour and some baby powder to color her hair a little, 
did her make-up (a little thick), and added some wrinkles:

We borrowed the cane from one of my friends and Jayna was so worried that he was going to have trouble walking without it.  I love that she is so considerate.

I gave Barrett a a mustache with a little eye-liner.  He thought is was funny to wear make-up too.



Jayna wanted to bend over like older people do and she was practicing her 'old lady voice'

Barrett looks more like a used car sales man, than an old man.  Oh well.



The kids at school really got a kick out of Barrett's haircut!  We enjoy dress-up days just as much as the kids do.  That night, we buzzed Barrett's whole head and this is the look he is sporting now:


On the 100th day of school, there was a party.  I thought it started at 2:30, but that was the time it ended.  I pretty much missed the whole thing - can you say, "Mother of the Year"?
Jayna and Barrett were so upset!  I was too.  :(  Since then, the kids have been asking me if I know what time the Valentine's Day party is.  Haha!  I do know what time the party is and I WILL be there!  :)

No comments: