Monday, February 4, 2013

Little Monkey Babies...

For those of you who know Bonham, or have known him for a long time, you might know that he used to be a ropes course director at children's camps.  Therefore, it is NO surprise that his children would be little monkeys - climbing on anything and everything.  Of course, Barrett is WAY more into climbing than Jayna is.  


Here are some examples of what I am talking about...
Climbing fences near the neighbors house:



Climbing trees at home:




Climbing hay bales at Nana and Papa's house:

 (jumping hay bales)







--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lake Mineral Wells State Park (2/3/13)
Not all climbing, but just wait....


Amphitheater:

 Let the jumping commence:

Jayna's version of Rock Climbing!

We had no idea that Mineral Wells State Park had this much for us to do!  
We will definitely be going back soon - it was great exercise for all of us!




It wouldn't be an outdoor adventure without a pic of me and my main squeeze!

Bonham showing off his mad skills:

As you can see above, Bonham is a little ways off the ground.
(he has medical and life insurance)
 
Monkey see... monkey do...






This picture didn't turn out like I expected.  I wanted her to act like she was holding up the rock.  
Oh well, she is still a cutie!

Peaceful
(This lasted all of 5 seconds!  And then they were off again!)

Family portrait:


I love seeing Bonham in his element - he is a natural clmber

And they are our little explorers:

Me and the monkeys:



Napping, like the cave women did:

This would make a great water slide, if it weren't so rocky

Barrett: "Daddy, wait for me... I can do that"

 Hello!
 
I'm not sure how high Bonham was at this point, but I was holding my phone out as far as I could to take a picture and he still looks far away!  

After we had climbed all kinds of terrain, we found some stairs!  Go Figure!  

I thought they were looking up and we would have a picture together - the sun was blinding me, so I just wanted to snap the picture and put my sunglasses back on! 

After visiting the amphitheater, walking a long winding trail, scaling some rocks, and cave exploring, we visited the beach.  It was getting colder near the water and there wasn't much to do.  We didn't bring any beach stuff or extra clothes, so we walked around and then left soon after.



We are looking forward to going camping this summer!  The kids were so pumped about going camping last October.  You can read about that HERE.  Since then we have been waiting for the weather to get better.  I think a few more months will do the trick!

Thanks for tuning in... have a good night my friends!

No comments: