![]() |
| I can't ever get this boy to look at the camera.... They were both so excited to go camping! |
| We were trying to find a place to set up our tent... |
I took the kids to the bathroom while Bonham was unloading the car. When we got back, Bonham told me that we didn't have the tent poles. :( And because of the time of day, we had to go back home and we would come back on Saturday really early to get everything set up!
We grabbed some dinner, headed back home, found the tent poles, went to bed, got up early.... and it was so cold - too cold! :( Again. There was also a 50% chance of rain. Since we can't afford for Barrett to get sick before his surgery, we decided to cancel our camping trip all together. The kids were a little upset, but we let them know that we would still do fun stuff! I think I was probably the most upset to be honest. ;)
Bonham's parents decided to make the trip up to our place, since we couldn't go camping. When they got to our house, we had some lunch and then we decorated and carved some pumpkins!!
![]() |
| Before Grandma and Grandpa got to our house, the kids decided that it would be fun to act like chickens in the chicken pen... crazies! |
![]() |
| So silly! |
I bought these washable paint brushes at the store, so that they could each paint a pumpkin.
Grandma and I painted one too...
![]() |
| This was my pumpkin... I made a pumpkin patch with the kids in it... |
![]() |
| Jayna didn't really make anything... |
![]() |
| Same for Barrett... but they both had fun! |
![]() |
| Grandma (AKA: Julie) made some funny faces. Cute, cute! |
![]() |
| Robert and Bonham thought that they got off easy and wouldn't have to do anything. little did they know... |
![]() |
| We recruited them to do the cutting! |
![]() |
| Grandpa was pretending that he cut off his finger... You can tell that the kids were really concerned for him. I think they are used to practical jokes! |
![]() |
| Oh, Bonham... |
I took several pictures of them digging into the pumpkins...
Most of them are blurry in some spots, but it was the best I could do with these busy-bodies!
![]() |
| Barrett really, really enjoyed pulling the yucky stuff out. He liked to squishing it and rubbing it on his hands... |
![]() |
| Jayna wanted the seeds, but didn't want to mess with the goo much |
![]() |
| This is serious... |
![]() |
| yuck, yuck... |
![]() |
| Hard at work... |
![]() |
| Sorting out the seeds and really, just playing in the goo... |
![]() |
| Finished products! |
![]() |
| I know that I am biased, but she is so darn pretty! |
![]() |
| Can't remember how many times I asked Barrett to please just look at me and smile... This is one reason that we don't have as many pics of Barrett! HAHA! |
![]() |
| And then he gives me this smile... |
![]() |
| That's a little better - thanks Bear! |
After we carved our pumpkins, Papa (my dad, Ray) brought over some fire wood and some rocks to make a fire pit. Grandpa (my father-in-law, Robert) fried some fish for us dinner. After we ate dinner and just as the rain was starting to fall, we roasted some marshmallows and had s'mores.
We ate them inside, since it was kind of cold and raining.
My mom wasn't able to come, because she was away on her own camping trip with her friends. Something they do every year... no tents, not effected by the rain... (not real camping) LOL
![]() |
| Jayna and Papa enjoying a s'more |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This morning, we had some delicious pancakes and strawberries made by Grandma
(no pictures though, sorry)
Then we showered and prettied up
(definitely no pictures of that...)
Then we headed to Cabela's (Grandpa's favorite store)
![]() |
The kids LOVE Cabela's too. They especially love the animal exhibits.
It looked like we might be on a real camping trip....
![]() |
After Cabela's, we headed down to the Fort Worth Stockyards!
We walked through the horse stables. There were signs that said not feed or pet the horses. This horse kept trying to get us to pet him... it was funny how he was stretching his neck... all pathetic and lonely... poor horse. :( He just wanted some attention.
![]() |
| 2 of my 3 loves... so cute! |
I didn't realize Jayna had her eyes closed, or I would have tried to take this picture again.
They are so sweet to each other (most of the time)
We had a lot of fun in the stockyards - we ate lunch, walked through some stores, etc. It was too cold to stay for the cattle drive or do some of the other stuff, like the maze or the petting zoo.
Maybe next time...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I meant to post these pictures earlier this week, but I didn't have a lot to say, so here they are now:
![]() |
| The kids had Spirit Week at school this past week and one of the days was 'Camo Day': |
![]() |
| Kids with Daddy (Bonham) |
![]() |
| I have been telling the kids give 'thumbs up' a lot lately... it's my new thing :) |
Tomorrow is our pre-op appointment for Barrett and then surgery is on Tuesday. I think Barrett is almost looking forward to the surgery.... that makes me think he really doesn't know what surgery means! Jayna is jealous... she wants to have surgery too. When I asked her why, she said that she thought it sounded like fun. And that tells me that she doesn't know what it means either.
When I put Barrett to bed tonight, we had this conversation:
Barrett: How many days until my surgery?
Me: 2 days
Barrett: Will we leave when it's night time outside?
Me: Yes, we will leave before the sun comes up
Barrett: I'm so proud of you, Mommy! Come here! (and then he lunges towards me and gives me a HUGE hug!)
That boy cracks me up! I will post more tomorrow....

















































No comments:
Post a Comment