Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Home Sweet Home and More Pics...



After many Starbucks (had by all)....
 
WE ALL CAME HOME ON MONDAY!!!
our family of 4 back together!
 
Barrett's first night back home in his bed, so cute!
He only woke up twice during the night to get a drink, but he slept well other than that.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
I am going to try to put these in the best order, but they might be a little mixed up..

We got a lot of these cheesy-smiles at the hospital; it's better than nothing.
(Saturday)
These pictures of Barrett on his first walk around... he wanted to 'exercise'
After we walked around for a little bit, we went to playroom to check out the toys.  He was moving slowly and you could tell he was uncomfortable, but still wanted to play.  Boys!





Later on this day, Grandpa and Grandma came for a visit and brought Barrett a slinky dog (from Toy Story).  He was dragging this dog around and getting a lot of attention!

 
Already a lady's man....
 
 
We walked out to the park/play ground area and walked around.
Grandma loves her bear!

 
Barrett loves apple juice and it was his main drink in the hospital.  We were trying to get him to eat.
He picked out some cheetos from the cafeteria, but he only ate a few of them...
 
And then we built a bear (really, it was a dog)
Barrett named the dog 'Ruff'

stuffing his dog...
 
If you have ever built a bear, you might know that the kids get to pick out a heart for their animal.  They rub it on their face to make it good-looking, like him.  They rub it on their head, so the animal will be smart, on their knee, so they will always need each other, etc.
 
Putting his heart in his dog...
 
Stitiching up his dog...

 
Picking out his dog's outfit
 
 
Bath time for Ruff

 
 
Grandma and Barrett
 
 
Grandpa and Barrett

Finally!!! Eating some pizza!  :)


 
Puzzle time in the library on Sunday...

 
 
He was tired...
 
 
Taking another walk around the fountains and garden area on Sunday:


 
 
Such a sweet boy...
 
more puzzles... lol
 
 
Jayna came to visit and we took her to see the wishing well, fountains, and gardens


 
 There were some cool pumpkins and decorations outside the hospital.
Couldn't get Barrett to take a picture with Jayna (I think he was tired of the pics)
 
 After watching a movie, Barrett tired to do a little dance - we call it 'Raise the roof and hold the wall'
Catchy, huh?  haha!


Jayna really likes the LiteBrite that Aunt Lacie, Uncle John, and Christian brought for Barrett:



 
 
 
My mom stayed with Barrett on Sunday night, so that Bonham and I could both go home with Jayna.  We stopped to get some dessert!  It was nice to have some time with Jayna, but we missed Barrett  :(
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
The Cardiologist told us on Saturday that we might be able to go home Sunday, but because he couldn't keep his food and meds down, his blood pressure was up.  They kept him on Sunday and his blood pressure was more normal.  He stopped taking the pain meds and lasixs, so he was able to keep down the blood pressure meds.  We had a good feeling that we could go home on Monday and we were right!!!
We reached out to our friend, Sonny Burgess, who works at Cook Children's as an Entertainment Liaison to see if Barrett could come to the studio to play the drums.  Sonny Burgess and I used to sing together years ago and he actually performed at our wedding!  Sonny is a great guy.
 
Here are some pictures from our jam session:









 
Barrett had a great time with Sonny.  We would have stayed longer, but they were calling his name of the intercom to head back to his room.  :(
 
Once the nurses let him take off his heart monitor and battery pack (the reason for these little vests in all of the pics), he was acting a lot more like his normal self!
 

 
 
We were ready to go home...
 
Good-bye Cooks!  Thank you for fixing my heart!  ~Barrett



Here is Barrett trying on his new masks that Ed and Sam (co-workers) brought him.  He didn't remember them getting him the toys, so he was so excited when he got home and was able to go through them!  Our little Iron Man!
 
 
Here are some updated pics of the incision.  Looking better everyday....
 

 
 
 
On a completely different note, Jayna got her first report card as a 1st grader!  She is so smart! 
We definitely need to work on reading and writing, but I think she has math down, imagine that!  



I've meaning to get this blog up sooner, but I've been behind... I also feel like I am repeating myself a lot and I am too lazy to go back and read what I have already written!  I will try to post again by the weekend and fill in any blanks.  And maybe, just maybe... I will try to find something else to post about!  :)  Maybe.

No comments: