This post is VERY delayed... my apologies. I was waiting on a few extra pictures, but then when I got them I never back to finishing the post! Barrett is playing t-ball and Jayna is playing coach-pitch soft ball. By their first scrimmage, Barrett had his uniform, but Jayna didn't. She did have a team shirt, so she wore that with some pants, because it was cold....
For those of you who have seen multiple pictures of Barrett, you know that he has has started doing this cheesy, fake smile thing. So Bonham has started telling him to laugh and we are getting some better pictures... and some silly pictures too!
Jayna warming up before the scrimmage...
Barrett: up to bat!
Their scrimmages were at the same time, so Bonham started off with Barrett and I started off with Jayna and then we switched! I see a lot of this in our future...
Jayna practicing batting. She did really well hitting it like this. We just need to work on the real pitching/hits.
He made it to first base!
No, the coach did not tell Barrett to go dance around... he told him to go to first base.
I think Barrett got confused!
Jayna getting suited up to play catcher! She was SO excited! She is actually pretty good at the catcher position. I like it for her too, because is forces her to focus on the game and I think it's improving her throwing arm since she has to throw it back the pitcher/coach from behind the plate.
Doesn't she look adorable in that gear?
The lady next to her in these pictures is the coach for the other team. She was really nice. She tried to help Jayna with certain catcher's tasks. After the game, the coaches and parents were telling Jayna what a good job she did. I thought that was really sweet. At Jayna's first game, she got to catch 3 out of the five innings and she played out field the other two.
All in all, I would say that she is getting better. Barrett has some natural talent, but gets distracted very easily. Jayna has a baseball clinic this weekend and I am excited for her to learn more about softball.

























No comments:
Post a Comment