Sunday, March 23, 2014

More pictures...

More pictures of things that happened in February and March...
Bonham went with the church men's ministry to climb Guadalupe Peak in early Febraury

Excuse the mess, but if you look closely, you can see all three of our babies snoozing away... This is what happens when Bonham is out of town -I get invaded by little ones!  I am such a pushover!
Barrett slept in the recliner, Jayna slept in my normal spot and George and I slept in Bonham's regular spot.  I got up before they did, so that I could snap this picture.  It's hard to see their little heads, but they're there.

Here are some pictures that Bonham took on his climb

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
George wants to be a BIG BOY and drink from a cup


I bought a new baby wrap/carrier and George loves it

We tried to put George in the pack and play and this is what he thought of it...

This is a picture of some of the milk I have stored up... we have a small freezer full and then we have more stored at my parents house.  Lucky baby

Also in February... we had a new niece!  Here is a picture of Jayna holding Elissa:

Brielle, who was also call "The Leader of the Babies", and George:
 I love this picture of them....

Cousin, Claire and George

They are about 4 months apart, but he is catching up fast!


This shirt that George is wearing was Bonham's when he was a baby.  
Before Bonham was born, his parents were thinking of calling him "Bo".  He doesn't seem like a Bo...
We joke that we will call George, "G-Bo"  hahaha

 He makes the best faces....



This was the day that we had to take both boys to the doctor.
They both had RSV and Barrett had an ear infection

Also in February, my friends, Bobbie Jo and Brian bought a house (I did the loan, that's why we took pictures).  This is their realtor (and my other friend), David Silva


This picture is very blurry, but do you see that little white spec?
 That's George's first tooth!  He got his first tooth on February 22nd

And this is George in the bathtub with a mohawk!
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a picture of where my parents' daycare used to be.  They had sold it and those people sold it to someone else who has now torn it down  :(

Such sweet brothers... I love to see them together


One nice day, I told the kids that they could "play in the water"


Cousins!  We picked up Presley and Grant to come over and play



Grant and Presley stayed at my parents' house on a Saturday night.  The next morning, we took Presley to church with us.  While we there, the bad weather started coming in, so we headed home.  Originally, we were going to have Jayna's birthday party on Sunday.  We already had so much stuff, so we had a little party with Nana and Papa and my brother's family.





 Beautiful cake for a beautiful girl!


We bought her some catcher gear for her birthday:
 I think she likes it!
 George likes birthday parties too...


Cute picture of the Bonhams...

Jayna's actual birthday - 8 years old

I made her some cupcakes for church that night:

Jayna's scrimmage.. she got to be catcher!  She loves it!

One weekend earlier this month, we were asked to teach Jayna's Sunday School class.  Barrett wanted to go with us to Jayna's class.  Here they are on stage for the music portion

Oh yeah, and this guy came with us too....

During spring break, Bonham too the big kids to the zoo...


This was George's first time to ride in a cart.  I think he likes it!

Jayna's do-over birthday party!  We almost thought it would get rained out, but it didn't.  
We had a great crowd!

Barrett and our friend, Austin playing the Kindle

Bobbie Jo and George


We did a lot of little girly stuff at Jayna's party.  My mom was helping Aunt Laura "green up" her hair for a party she was going to that night

 Looking good!

Present time!  Barrett, Jayna, and friend, McKenzie (showing off her nails)






Jayna has been wanting a pinata for several years now and we finally got one.  Then I was worried that we wouldn't have an opportunity to do it because the party has been moved and moved...




Nails, hair pieces, making lip gloss, making bracelets... fun girl stuff!

Mamo got Jayna a shower cap as part of her birthday gift and she couldn't wait to wear it!

We went to Home Depot to look at tile and carpet and I couldn't resist taking a picture of these sweet kiddos..

George is still exclusively breastfed, but he has two teeth on the bottom and loves to chew on anything and everything.  He has a hard time holding onto  teething rings.  I knew he needed something cold to chew on, so I cut up some celery and he enjoyed it.  He can't "eat" it, but he enjoyed chewing on them...





We tried to give him some baby cereal about a week ago, but he still has the tongue thrust reflex (I think that's what its called), so he's not really ready... Today, I gave him a little bite of avocado and he did the same thing.  I am ready for him to eat food, because it's always fun, but I am also still okay with just breastfeeding... once you start food, there is a lot of planning and worrying about what he needs/wants to eat.  I have been reading some different things about BLW (Baby Led Weaning), which is also known as Baby Led Feeding.  With that, you let the baby eat the foods that you would eat and they feed themselves.  They wouldn't get as much initially, but they will get more efficient at feeding themselves and supposedly, it helps them to not be as picky eaters.  We have two SUPER picky eaters, so I like the idea of George having a broader diet. We'll see how it goes....

----------------------------------------------------------------------
More construction photos... 
Electrical is run, insulation is going in


Sheetrock arrived:

 guys on stilts...





our room looking from the to-be dining room

Our room:

patched old window opening

 We covered their beds....
 Just in case...

No more sky light:


View from the to-be den into the short hallway and linen closet

Jayna's room:

Barrett's room:


The pictures on the next blog will show paint and more....  exciting stuff!

1 comment:

The Reading Family said...

Loving all of these pictures! Can't wait to see more from the house remodel and add on ;)