Wednesday, March 26, 2014

George is 6 months old!

George turned 6 months old yesterday.  He went to the doctor for his well check.  He weighed 17lb 11oz and is 26 inches long.  This puts him just above average for weight and on the higher end of height.  The doctor is happy with his growth and his overall health.

George is still nursing and that is going really well.  He hasn't shown much interest in starting foods, but that could change anytime.  The doctor said to try when we are ready.

George has two teeth (on the bottom) and he is sitting up really well.  He has rolled over a once or twice (not impressed!) and rolls from side to side easily.  We told the doctor that he seems lazy, but she said to not worry about it.  He will do it all in his own time.  It's hard to not compare him to the other two though.
George wears size three diapers, and 3-6 month outfits most of the time.  Occasionally, he can wear some 9 month and some 0-3 months.  How much sense does that make?  

George has a great sense of humor and loves to laugh and smile.  He likes his picture to be taken.  He likes to be held and talked to.  He is very verbal and likes to interact with his brother and sister.  His sleeping and eating patterns are pretty consistent.  We had a few rough nights a week or so ago, but he's gotten better and has been sleeping from 9 or 10 pm until 2 or 3 am before he wakes up to eat.  Once he eats at night, he kind of wants to eat the rest of the night... he falls asleep before he can finish eating and then he wakes up with a "Hey! I didn't finish eating mindset, so he east again!"  He wakes up for the day around 7am,  He normally eats again around 9am and is ready for a morning nap.  Naps differ on a daily basis, but he normally get a few cat-naps in and one (sometimes 2) longer naps that last an hour to an hour and a half.  He eats every three hours during the day.  If I am home with him, I don't pay attention to the times until I have the big kids home.  And the only reason I notice it then is because I am thinking of dinner, homework, bathtimes, etc.  George will eat around 5pm and then again around 8pm.  During his 8pm feeding is normally when he starts to drift off to sleep... this nap normally only lasts about 30 minutes or so before he wakes up and wants to finish eating.  I feed him again and then he goes down for the count.  I am hoping that as he gets a little older and starts eating food, he will have a longer stretch of sleep at night.  

Here are some pictures of our precious boy...


His two teeth:

I got a new phone last week and it has some cool camera features.  This is called something vintage

I know you can't tell from this picture, but my camera has a feature where I can set it to pick up a smile and then it will snap the picture... nice!

And this one only picks up the blue in picture... I love this kind!

I can't remember what setting this was, but I love how the colors pop!
Please excuse the old nasty bathtub 
(can't wait to have the addition done and then we can re-do this bathroom)
 George loves bathtime!


Barrett is going to be in a program at school next month and he will be a "frog", so he had to get an all green costume... picture time!


This is such a perfect summary of my children't personalities:
Sweet Jayna, Crazy Barrett, and Spoiled George!


George waiting on the dr to come in for this well-check
 Jayna had to go with us to have a follow up on her ear.  She was helping to entertain George while we were waiting for the nurse to come in for his shots

George did really well with his shots.  He didn't even flinch or cry when he got the shots.  We have done a modified shot schedule for George, so he only received the DTAP and flu shot at this visit and then the oral Rotovirus vaccine.  He will receive the other three 6 month shots in a month.  He has done well with all of them so far and hasn't had any adverse reactions.  We are not opposed to vaccines, but I don't like the idea of having all of them at one time in his little body.

Here are his 6 month - tie pictures.  I love these little monkey tie stickers!
 We decided to take this photoshoot outside this month... the weather is warming up and it's beautiful outside
 He's so happy and loves, loves, loves his picture being taken


Jayna was out there helping with the photoshoot

 hands in the mouth... classic George

Trying to pick up the green accents, but the sun was throwing it off


To the porch for some pictures in the Barrett's green "summer" chair...


Recently, we have been trying to see if George will answer to his name.  I will say, "George" several times and he won't turn his head.  But then I will say, "Jayna" and he instantly looks at me!  Jayna thinks its hilarious!  We have a good laugh.  We're not sure if he thinks his name is Jayna or if he gets so excited about Jayna being around that it gets his attention.  Jayna is one of his favorite people.  He and Barrett are starting to interact more and more and I think they will be good buddies.


He's so beautiful - he could be a girl!  haha!




It made me nervous everytime he would throw his hands up that he would lunge forward and I would have to drop my phone to catch him!  I had Jayna standing close by, just in case...  :)

Had to get a few of all three of them...
So hard to get a picture of everyone looking at me and smiling with open eyes...

Even though Jayna isn't looking up, I love this picture.  You can still see her sweet smile and the boys are smiling.  I love the way that Jayna is so nurturing to both boys.  She is a great big sister!

"Mr. Serious" here aka: George

Blue babies...


I have a few more blogs coming up... stay tuned!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi Christina! My name is Heather and I wanted to know if you would be willing to answer my quick question I have about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!