Wednesday, March 19, 2014

No specific topic...

There are so many pictures and they are so random, so here you go!

 The big kids and I attended a birthday party in January at a bounce house place 



About a week later, Barrett wasn't feeling well, so we let him stay home from school....

He had a slight cough, and since he was to tired, we took him to the dr and she said that he has asthma.  
 After a few breathing treatments in her office, he was feeling better.  We now own a nebulizer and anytime he starts to get a little wheezy, he gets a breathing treatment

Also, in January.... we went to visit George and Shirley, aka: Great Grandpa and Great Grandma
Bonham's Aunt Kathy was there with a beautiful new quilt for George!


(little) George and Shirley  ;)


The weather was so nice on this visit that we were able to get out a little... the last few times we have traveled down to see them, it's been raining :(

Selfie!  I hardly ever get my picture taken, so I took some 'selfies' on this day...

 George slept right through playing at the park....

George also got to meet Preston, aka 'Nother Papa on this trip.  Preston was in the hospital as you can see, but was able to go home shortly after our visit... maybe the kids healed him!

We walked down to the Riverwalk and went inside to see dinosaurs....

And of course, the Alamo!

We didn't catch the first part of this, but we got to hear the tail end of the story... I hope the kids appreciate and enjoy history like Bonham and I do

He can't be serious....

That's better!

It was such a nice day to be out and taking pictures with our family...

George was in his carseat, so he didn't get in on this group shot :(

I love going to the Alamo and seeing Bonham's name on things - it's one of the only places we get to do that.  I am also very guilty of taking the same poses of the kids each time.  I like to see the changes in them from years ago!

Look how much they've grown!



George and George...

Always, the classic fire place picture!

In the month of February, our dog, Jersey was hit by a car and she died.
 I'm sad to say that we don't have a ton of good pictures of Jersey.  Barrett is allergic to dogs and once he started reacting to her, the kids had to keep their distance.  Jersey was a good dog; she was good with the kids, but she was very, very hyper.  She enjoyed country life as much as we did.  Over the past few months, she had started getting out of her yard (after years of living in her yard) and when the construction started and her fence was torn down, we let her roam free, because she stayed close by the house or at least always came back home.... we knew that there was a chance that this could happen, but she literally got out everyday.  We had a plan for a better fencing system when the construction was finished.  Anyway, I can't dwell on what should have been done now.  It's sad and we miss having her around, but she lived a good life and loved her freedom!  These pictures below were from Christmas - we got her a big raw hide candy cane.  The kids had wanted to get her one in previous years and we always said, "no".  I'm glad that she got one this last year....


This was a random picture of Barrett is in Christmas pajamas from Grandma -he's so cute!

I have been so bad about posting George's monthly pictures, but he turned 4 months old and then 5 months old!  haha!  He will be 6 months old in 6 days!  I can't believe it!
(so the 4 month pictures are from January)




The 5 month pictures are from February....

 He's sitting up some...

Still has the cutest expressions...

He got his first tooth a few days before turning 5 months old and a second one broke through a few days after turning 5 months.  He drools more and spits up less... it's a give and take on that one, I guess.  I'll take the drool over spit up though!  
Between 4 and 5 months, he had RSV (a respiratory virus) that had to run it's course.  Barrett got it too, but was given some medicine for it.  I'll try to post something for his 6 month that has more stats and updates.

Here are the 3 kids posing for George's 5 month photo! 

I thought I was done with January, but I forgot about this... we had to take another trip to Birmingham for my work.... happy morning boy!


But he got tired of being in the car after awhile :(

While we were there, it started snowing and icing over.  I was in training at the corporate office and we were waiting it out and it only got worse and worse.  Alabama shuts down worse than Texas when this happens.


 As it got later in the day, they said there was no way for cars to come get us with the ice and the hills, etc.  so we were going to have to stay the night... a few groups of people walked back to the hotel.  Once I heard that two groups made it back safely, I headed out with the third group.  It was a three mile walk and it was cold, but I had gloves, a warm jacket, a scarf, and boots on, so it wasn't too bad.  It took about an hour to walk back.  The roads were crazy, but I couldn't spend the night in a corporate office away from this sweet baby:


The next day, Alabama was still shut down.  Bonham took the truck across the street just to get gas in case we couldn't get some the next day when we were supposed to leave.  Yes, it was that bad!  The road outside of our hotel looked clear, but it was deceiving, because the other roads looked like the picture below on the news report... people had abandoned their cars and couldn't make it back right away to get them.



Since the ice storm was mainly in the south, we headed north to Tennessee and then through Arkansas
 We stopped at a baskin robbins by Graceland.  Maybe this is where Elvis ate his ice cream!
 We passed by Graceland, but didn't stop for a tour - maybe next time.

In February, we went to stock show and rodeo and saw more dinosaurs....




our niece, Presley

 thrill seekers...



I know it's hard to see that little person in there on the left, but that's Barrett... he was the only one on the ride and he loved it!




All the big kid cousins in their cowboy/cowgirl hats with Nana!
 our nephew, Grant with Nana (my mom)




I think my brother thought Grant was drinking water, but he accidently picked up Barrett's drink (it was Sprite)  Oops!

And let me just say... we are tired, tired, tired of this winter weather....



More to come later....

No comments: