Tuesday, August 19, 2014

April 2014

I have sat down multiple times to write a new post and then I get overwhelmed with all of the things that have gone on in the past few months... what if I miss something?   Anyway, it's important to me to maintain this blog for memories, for family and friends who want to keep up, etc.

So here it goes... April 2014 pictures (and maybe some commentary)
In early April, I went to Washington for training for work.  
These are pictures from the airplane:

I think this is Mount Saint Helen (but I could be making that up...)

My nice hotel room...


My view at dinner.... 

 Walking around the nice little town.... it was a little chilly, so I didn't stay out too long

My view at breakfast:
The hotel was right on the corner of a fairly busy street

So they don't believe in Dr. Pepper up in Washington, so I had a lot of Cherry Sprite

I walked over to a little park near the hotel.  I would have tried to do more while I was there, but my sleep schedule was so off!  And so was my eating schedule... I seemed to be hungry at the wrong times.

View from my room:

Next time I go back, it will be nice if Bonham can go with me...


As soon as I returned, Bonham and Barrett headed off on a men's fishing trip with our church.
This is a picture of Barrett, with his good buddy, Lawson!
Barrett loved wearing his life jacket, even on land.

Bonham's dad, Robert, AKA: Grandpa met them down there for some fishing
 I know it's hard to tell from this picture, but Barrett had a great time!  ;)

Their view at dinner...

Meanwhile, back at home... George was trying to crawl


Back at the beach:
Barrett's BIG catch!




The water was very cold, but Bonham let him splash around a little bit

We also had lots, and lots of softball in April!
This was Jayna's third season and she gets better each time.  We've decided to take the fall off, so she can try something different, but she'll probably play again in the spring.

That's Jayna as the catcher - I love to see her play that position when she really puts forth some effort. :)
Her best friend, MacKenzie is batting.  That was hard for Jayna - she wanted her friend to do well, but she wants her team to win too.  It's hard to be an 8 year old.  :(

Sweet friends!


Barrett had a small part in the spring play.  I love his little smirk:

His line: "He snapped at the flea.  He caught the flea."
(I think - it was a few months ago)
 If you look closely, you can see Barrett's little head poking up above the others...

George was enjoying the show...

At work, we had a ribbon cutting for our Fort Worth office!  This is my branch manager, Conor:

Back at home... they started digging the new septic system


New A/C:

It was tempting to play in this HUGE hole in the ground

 This pile is what came out of the ground...

Baseboards: 

Title in the bathroom:

My mom and I took the kids to the Easter Egg hunt at the park.  I expected it to be crazier than it was, but it really wasn't that bad.  The kids had fun.  It went so fast after they finally got started though.

 We took lots of little pictures while we were waiting for the egg hunt to start:







 playing with the photo settings on my phone...






Jayna's age group was in the larger part of park, so I didn't chase her down, but you can see her running off.

Barrett's age group stayed a lot closer for me....




 They both made out well though

A lot of their school friends were there hunting eggs too

Grandma bought Jayna some eggs that she could decorate with markers.  She loved them!

Easter, for real:
 George enjoyed trying to take their eggs... 

I couldn't get everyone to look at the camera - surprise!

Nana (my mom) bought them some colored bubbles and it states on the packaging that it can stain clothes, so I had them wear "paint" shirts.


And it's not Easter unless you take a dip in the pool...
 They are crazy!

George was starting to eat more solid foods at this point...

He likes to feed himself

We also planted some pepper plants and other items in our garden

The "supervisor"

On this day, George turned 7 months old


 And he thinks that the grass is food...

 Official 7 month photos:









My handsome farmer....

Again, the "supervisor"

The "helper"

The "one who plays"



More softball... These little guys are about a month apart in age:


Jayna going in for a run.  If I remember correctly, this might have been the first run she scored (again, it's been awhile and I can't remember exactly)

Jayna needed a break from being behind the plate and another girl wanted to play catcher, so Jayna got third base for a little while and I think she really enjoyed it!


Just some other cute pictures...

Jayna had a musical at church



Jayna and her friend, Keelyn

That day, Lawson came over and played with Barrett and Jayna went with Keelyn to play at her house.  It's nice to have friends with kids the same age to do a little switch-a-roo!


Bonham was cooling them off

And then they climbed the "mountain"


The goat thinks they are crazy....

Back to church that night for a second performance and George was tuckered out!


I took a lot of pictures and videos during the month of April.  These were some of the highlights.  I'll try to get the other months posted soon.... enjoy this video of George saying, "Mama"


No comments: