Thursday, August 21, 2014

May 2014

I hope that you enjoyed the April post and updates!  Now, for May of this year....

The first weekend in May, we loaded up the family and headed to Spring Branch, TX for Katie's wedding!
Katie is Bonham's baby cousin on his mom's side.  We had the honor of DJ'ing.  It had been awhile since our last DJ event, so I was really nervous, but it went really well.
We went down the day before for the rehearsal.  

The boys were hanging out while we set up the equipment.
They were happy to be out of the car... it's a long drive.

We got checked into our hotel.  Jayna had a class project around this same time about the Alamo that she was working on, so we took pictures anytime we saw "The Alamo"

That night, we had a delicious dinner with the family and I didn't take any pictures :(

That morning, we went swimming in the indoor pool, which the kids thought was AWESOME!

Later in the day, we got the kids all dressed up for the wedding...
Jayna got this outfit from Aunt Kelley for her birthday and this was her first time to wear it - 
she looked beautiful!

George was tired from traveling, so he slept while everyone prepared for the night's events...

The big kids entertained themselves with videos on the kindle

Barrett looks like a little stressed out businessman here...

Our youngest neice, Elissa... following George's lead

Sleeping cousins...

Dancers:


Jayna was a little helper and handed out the programs as the guests arrived



Wedding guests gathering before the ceremony started...

George and Elissa didn't want to sit during the wedding, so Robert and Erin stood in the back to hold them.

Beautiful wedding, perfect weather, sweet ceremony...


The kids enjoyed dancing the night away

Bonham and his Aunt Kathy:

The bride, Katie and her brother, Scott
Scott was the best man in our wedding... almost 10 years ago!  Wow!  10 years????

'Da Boys...

The day after... we made a stop at an HEB Plus!  This place was awesome!  We spent an hour in that store just walking around and looking at stuff.  We love, love, love HEB!

After HEB, we stopped at Kathy's house and guess who was there?  Grandma and Grandpa!

We finally got back on the road and decided we needed to stop and feed the ducks! :)





Family Selfies are hard to take with so many faces....

The kids were exhausted and when Jayna gets old enough to go back and read these posts, she's probably going to be mad about this picture... oh well, I love it!


This one... yeah, he doesn't need to sleep in the car.

Happy to be home!


George loves to sit with the big kids and watch them play, even if it's just watching them play their kindles. 
So when he saw a kindle unattended, he was ALL over it!  


The second weekend of the month, we went to our friend, Eleanor's birthday party!
I took this picture while we were waiting for everyone to arrive.  He thought he was something special to be out of the car seat and sitting up like a big boy!

These pictures show the progression of baby flirting....
You come here often?
Yeah, you can play with my teething toy...


I really like these ruffles... what kind of material is this?
Oh, don't mind the lady with the camera... that's just my mom.  She's always taking pictures.

Your mom is the same way?  Hey, you want to get out of here?  Come on... let's crawl away together!

Look, I'm really good at crawling.  I'm just not good at moving around objects.
Excuse me.  Pardon me.  Coming through.

And you can tell from the look on Eleanor's face that she is thinking, "Younger men... uh, so immature!"


Jayna ran around with Eleanor's mom, Sage and flew kites and played with ribbon wands (not sure that's what they are called)





Eleanor enjoyed her smash cake:




Also in May, we got a dining room table!  I picked this up a garage sale for $100.  It can technically seat 6 people, 7 if a few of them are small.  We have some small people in our house, so that works perfectly!



Also in May, we dressed funny (or didn't dress at all, if you are Barrett) and we made chocolate covered strawberries for Mother's Day!


They were really, really good....

More softball games and funny faces:


before we headed off to another wedding weekend!
This wedding was for another one of Bonham's cousins, Brad.  
Julie did Jayna's hair and it looked so pretty!



George and Grandma:
I didn't take very many pictures at all during this weekend getaway to Waco.  :(
Sometimes when we are at these kinds of things, I am happy that I am not so consumed with taking pictures, because I get to enjoy the moment more.  Then when it's over, I'm sad that I don't have more pictures  :(

When we returned from the wedding, we implemented a new eating rule in our house: If we make it, you eat it!  Sounds cool, huh?  We have kind of catered to everyone's different preferences for several years and we finally decided that we've had enough.  The first night we did this, we had spaghetti and we ate outside.  We told the kids that they could eat with their hands and get messy and if they ate well, we would let them play in the water.  George had no problem diving right in!


Jayna did well....

Barrett was... well, Barrett.


All done!



Barrett suffered through it... this was also the start of our kids drinking more water!  Hallelujah!

He likes spaghetti now, go figure!

George is working towards his learner's permit:


Our garden started to bloom....


This was Jayna's Alamo project:

She loved presenting it at the Spring Showcase:
(she's dressed like a tourist)

Barrett and some of the members of his class did their Spring play at the showcase.  It was all in the same gym at the high school, so that was incredibly convenient!

George... just hanging out, waiting for his brother and sister to be finished


Barrett with his teacher, Mrs. Richardson

George loves to feed himself and he loves to make a mess!

We invested in a "go-pod", so that George has a place to sit outside

We had been letting Jayna's hair grow and grow almost all school year long.  
It was getting to the point to where it wasn't looking great, so we decided to get it cut.

And this was the finished product - what a difference!
I had gotten so used to the longer hair, that it took me a little while to really like the shorter look.
It's grown out some and I like it more now.

George has started pulling up on stuff and cruising along...
and he broke the xbox.  :(   I don't know it was this actual day, but he had touched the button that opens the tray and then as he started to fall, he reached for the tray and Boom!

George turned 8 months old on May 25th!

I was kind of running out of picture ideas during this month



And because he was so mobile, the pictures were blurry... not our best month for pictures.



Near the end of the month, Jayna and Barrett received their awards at school:





Jayna and her friends: MacKenzie and Lauren:



George was taking a bath and everyone wanted to take pictures... here are our bathroom pictures.  LOL



I hope you enjoyed May... stay tuned for June!



No comments: