These first few pictures are not the best, but they are cute! Last year (after Halloween), I purchased this costume for George on sale for $8! It was regularly $35, if I remember correctly. Anyway, I bought the perfect size, He was the cutest little monkey!
Isn't he so cute???? :)
George used some of his birthday gift card to purchase this pumpkin cake pan.
(George not pictured. LOL)
The big kids appreciated his generosity! :)
The cake actually didn't taste very good, but the kids had fun making it! We made another one since then with another type of cake mix and it was a lot better.
As the weather turned cooler, we've tried to go outside more. George loves to be outside. And as it has turned cold, he STILL wants to be outside... He will go and stand by the door and cry if we don't take him out.
I love seeing them together, having fun!
The kids were laughing hysterically about George's static hair!
This boy looks so good in camoflauge...
Bonham is currently helping my parents remodel an investment property. Since George has been a stay-at-home baby since birth, we decided that this would be a good time to get him into day care. It has definitely been an adjustment. He has done better than expected though. The day care workers love him and he seems to enjoy being there.
This is a picture of him on his first day of day care:
Three weeks into braces for Jayna:
The orthodontist prepared us that her two front teeth could separate a little more before they start coming together. Jayna has had this gap forever... she has a very thick frenum (the skin that connects your top lip to your gums). It runs all the way down through the front of her front two teeth. The orthodontist actually said, "Wow! This is impressive!" He's seen a lot of frenum issues, but I think her thickness was one for the record book. The recommendation is normally to have it clipped (oral surgery). Jayna's orthodontist, Dr. Jeremy Lustig, said that we will monitor it and decide when she's older if it needs to be addressed surgically. The hope is that the braces and expander combination will be enough to close the gap.
Jayna's last day of public school.... October 10th
George and I, taking a selfie:
I just love his new footed pajamas!
as mentioned before, he loves to be outside, so when the weather was nice, we left the door open, so he could feel the breeze... It made him happy (for a little while)
The weekend before Jayna officially started homeschool, I went to the library and started preparing things for the next week. The first week of social studies was about the Vikings!
Jayna's first day of homeschool!
We made our own butter...
shake, shake, shake!
The finished product.....
It was delicious!
That afternoon, we also made Viking "helmets".
Barrett is not homeschooled (yet), but he wanted to make one too...
That evening, we invited over some locals (my parents) for some Viking stew and homemade bread and butter!
During the month of October, George had his first ride on the 4 wheeler with Nana!
He needs a helmet... he's slightly crazy and will probably try to jump off!
Jayna's progress with her braces.... she was tired and ready for bed
I told her, "Look happy!" :)
This was only a few weeks in and they have improved so much! I can't wait to see her teeth when they come off.
We do some school work outside on the front porch when the weather is nice.
On this day, we were practicing spelling words.
I love getting outside and learning a different way.
Mid-October, we went to the orthodontist to get Jayna's expander placed. As you can tell by the crossed arms and pulled-up leg, she was nervous...
And there it is...
That day was Dr. Lustig's birthday. The grim reaper followed him around everywhere he went...
It was creepy and funny! We had to get a picture. The office was all decorated with black and they gave out candy. This office knows how to have a good time!
Later in the week, Jayna and I went to the zoo to turn in some finds as the Nature Traders Post.
It's really cool, if you've never been.
She wanted to ride the carousel while we were there.... she looks so grown up!
Then she wanted to stop by the reptile and amphibian exhibit. She can't get enough of that place!
I love this zoo staff and how they good they are with the kids and animals.
I also put George's hair in a ponytail in October! Not really blog-worthy, but very cute!
Haha! He'd make a pretty girl, but he's such a cute boy! ;)
Nana and Papa took Jayna and Barrett took dinner and a show at Casa Manana!
They were so excited about their date night! :)
George was excited about being an only child for one evening (not really - he misses them)
The following week of school... still going well!
Jayna loves to receive mail, so we have been writing letters to pen pals and family members.
On this day, she received THREE letters! She was on cloud nine! If you would like to send her a letter, please let me know!
On the 24th, I let Barrett miss school so we could go to Boo at the Zoo! I wanted to go on a Friday, so that we didn't have to fight the weekend traffic. There were a lot of people there, but it wasn't too crowded. It was nice. The kids had a great time!
They gave out free candy!
Had animals on exhibit....The owl couldn't take his eyes off the Hulk!
There was a really cool pumpkin patch...
There were games....
Each game station gave out more candy... awesome!
There was a concert!
And like always, my little hams got to be a part of the show....
Ohhhh... they're scary!
They got to make crafts! They were out of white and green visors, so Barrett had to make a pink one.
They had HUGE spiders....
And then we attended the wildlife show!
The animal handlers called up a few kids and the "black cat" (Jayna) was the first one!
The Hulk was sad :(
This girl has no fear....
At least Barrett got his picture taken with a vulture! ;)
We went to visit Mamo and she had some goodies for the kids:
The boys love those squeeze 'ems!
The kids know that Mamo will always have puzzles for them to put together!
And then the dancing began!
George likes to play peek-a-boo with Jayna through the curtains on the french doors
I was pulling up the drive way one day and these little cuties were sitting by the fence. They are the sweetest little animals. I just love living out here around these four legged creatures!
The next day was pretty cool... I had a closing on a loan for an old family friend, Charlotte.
She purchased a new construction home with a realtor and a builder I had never worked with. The deal went so well that the builder wants to add me to their preferred vendor list and I am the new go-to lender for the agent! Awesome!
Barrett had Red Ribbon Week at school and they had to dress like a story book character.
He is humpty dumpty:
Jayna and George and I met a friend of mine, her husband, and her daughter for donuts one morning.
I forgot my phone at home on Halloween night, so I only have the pictures from my mom and Bonham's phone. These are at my Mamo's house before we headed out:
Our tradition is to go to Mamo's on Halloween, have pizza, then go visit a few houses we know and head home. Nana and Papa normally join us for the pizza part:
This is one of George counting his loot at Ed's house...
And then the next day... (technically November 1st)
He's counting his loot... his brother's loot.... and his sister's loot!
This was the most successful trick-or-treating year they've ever had! And it wasn't too hot or too cold that night. We saw some family and friends. The kids enjoyed themselves!
Get ready for November's post! LOL
























































































.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment