Monday, March 23, 2009

New Job

So my time as a stay-at-home mom has unfortunately come to an end. It is a sad and happy thing all at the same time..... I wanted to stay home so badly, but in doing so, I put our family in a financial bind and I left Bonham with the burden of providing all of the money for us for 6 months. Lucky for me that I have a sweet husband that can't tell me, 'No'. And he believed me when I told him, "we could afford for me to stay home" and "don't worry, you can do it all." I'm so mean..... =) Well, I rode it out as long as I could and now it is time to pull up my big girl britches and get back to work! The timing played out very well actually and I truly feel like this was all part of the master plan! If I would have looked for this job a month ago, it wouldn't have been open and if I would have waited any longer, it may have been filled by someone else.

Now let me tell you about my ideal job...... M-F, banking hours, great benefits, great pay doing something that I know and enjoy doing, low stress, my own office, dealing with customers face-to-face, net-working with other business professionals, business lunches, hourly/salary - no commission, opportunity for a little over-time, annual raises, two weeks of paid vacation a year, a job helping people, a company car..... this job has all of that! (minus the company car) Remember, I was describing my ideal job and this one is pretty darn close! I will be working at Communities of Abilene Federal Credit Union as a Mortgage Loan Officer. They only do 'A' Paper and VA loans, but they are going to be FHA approved in the next 60-90 days and they will also be doing commercial loans very soon, which I am so excited about! I like being able to do several different things and I do miss originating loans for people.

I am glad that I got to stay home some and I am sad that it was so short, but at the same time, there are so many good things about taking this job.... Jayna missed day care and she is so incredibly social that she needs to be in day care and I know that day care is good for kids. The selfish part of me just wanted to keep them home. Also, we will all have great health care coverage, medical dental, vision. So that's good. And we have been trying to do the Dave Ramsey thing and we really need to both be working to make it happen. For those of you who listen to Dave, you know what I mean. We are making some changes, cutting back where we can, looking for more ways to promote Bonham's handyman business and Real Estate and Bonham has changed brokers, so this should prove to be more profitable for him. I think that Dave would be proud of the steps that we are taking.

I start my new job on the 30th, so I will try to blog more often to let you know how things are going. Until next time.....

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Aren't husbands wonderful?! :)

Stephanie said...

That is SUCH a hard decision...I know. I want so badly to stay home with L. Life is so hard sometimes, but it usually all works out in the end. Miss you!