So I know it’s been a long time since I posted something and I apologize for that. There haven’t been a lot of things going on, but there have been some ‘noteworthy’ events that I have been meaning to blog about….
Let me tell you the broken baby story first, because it’s the funniest. =) Barrett is extremely crazy and he likes to do all kinds of boy things, like climbing on stuff, jumping from one object to another, throwing balls, etc. One night we all had dinner in the living room and we had lowered his high chair so that we could all be on the same eye level. After dinner, Jayna and Barrett got their baths, got their pajamas on, and we were getting ready to settle down for the night. I was gathering up the laundry and I was walking towards the kitchen when I heard Barrett crying out 2 or 3 pretty loud cries. He normally doesn’t cry, so we knew something must be wrong with him. When we got into the kitchen, he had his hands near his mouth and there was blood on his face, his hands, the floor…. Jayna was standing there and she saw what happened….. Barrett had tried to climb back up in the high chair unassisted and busted his lip and nose. I was trying to stay calm, but I can't stand the sight of blood, especially when it's one of my babies. So I was starting to feel nauseous and light-headed. And then Jayna said, "Oh no! What are we going to do? Our baby's broken....' She seemed really upset about it. We tried to explain to her that he wasn't broken... he was just hurt and he would be fine. She was convinced that we needed a new baby, because this one was broken. And she talked about it for several days afterward.
Barrett was fine though. He has made a full recovery - no scars, thank goodness.
I am home today with the kids because the credit union and the day care are both closed. We just finished up lunch and the kids are playing with their toys. There have been a lot of other funny happenings around here recently, but I can't seem to think of all of them....
Barrett is starting to put several words together recently and he is no longer takes a pacifier, so he is talking and singing more and he is much louder than before!!! The other day he was playing with the fridge phonics toy and he was moving the magnets from one place to another and he was praising himself with a very enthusiastic, 'YAY!!". After a few times, he looked up at me and said, 'You say YAY'. It was so funny! =) He cracks me up.
Jayna is getting ready for her next birthday. It's coming up soon! We are going to have her party on 6th of March. We are doing a care bear theme. She has been really into the care bears recently. She has this one care bear movie called 'Big Wish' and there is song in it that she knows all the way through and she does a really good job singing it. Maybe I am partial, I don't know. =) Both of the kids have musical ability. Barrett can sing Happy Birthday. It's so cute, because he says, 'Hap Birtday to mommy'.... and then he just repeats it over and over....
They are both getting so big and I feel so bad that I haven't posted more recently. I have been trying to take some pictures for everyone to see. I will try to get those up soon for you. I know this post is all over the place, but the kids are no longer playing.... they are right under my feet!
Until next time.....
1 comment:
Such cute stories!! Thanks for sharing!! And I'm glad you kept your broken baby!! =)
Post a Comment