Bonham ran to the grocery store (which isn’t a quick trip since we are country folk now), but I thought he should have been home a little sooner…. When he pulled up, I walked out to see if he needed help getting the groceries in, because that’s the kind of awesome wife I am!!! Hehehehe. The first words out of his mouth were, “42 in a 30 and no insurance card.” I felt my heart drop.
I said, ‘What? Did you get a ticket?’
He said, ‘No, she let me off with a warning.’
I can’t tell you how many times I have been pulled over in the past 12 years, but I very rarely ever get out of a ticket. When I was younger, I would cry…. Not to get out of it, but because I thought that my parents would kill me. As I got older, I would cry….. not to try to get out of it, but because I was broke and didn’t know how I would pay for it! I haven’t had a ticket in a few years (knock on wood), but I just accept the fact that I will most likely be getting a ticket if I get pulled over. =)
Now, don’t get me wrong…. I don’t want Bonham get a ticket, because that means that we have to pay it!!! But he has never had a ticket! Ever! And he doesn’t even try to get out of them. He just told the officer that he didn’t know the speed limit on that road, since we had just moved here and he had taken out his insurance card to make a copy of it and forgot to put it back in the truck. He had an expired one, and she was able to verify on the computer that we have insurance, which she told him isn’t exactly enough, but she would let him off with a warning – not even a written warning… only a verbal one!!!
We had a DJ gig to get to, so after we got our stuff together and got in the truck, I saw the police officer’s business card. Strange….
(Bonham is kind of naive about these things) He didn’t think anything of it. Then he told me how she gave him the business card…. It was under his driver’s license when she handed it back. So it’s like she was trying to slip it to him!!! Didn’t her fancy computer tell her that he is married?!? LOL We don’t know if this is standard procedure in Azle, but it was kind of funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment