Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Yes, we moved!!!

I realized that I have been so busy unpacking, rearranging, trying to get this organized, and running around like a crazy woman that I haven't blogged in over a week!!! So I'm sorry to those of you who have been checking in daily... we are here and up to our eyeballs in boxes!

This house is a little smaller than our house in Abilene, so I am having to adjust to having less room for all of our stuff. This is a great opportunity for us to get rid of a few things. We joked that from now on for gifts, we are going to tell people that we want gift cards to the grocery store.... that's something that won't stay in the house long enough to move with us!!! LOL

The kids sharing a room is working out fairly well. The biggest change has been that we now have both kids coming in our room when the sun comes up! With Jayna, we could usually get her to lie back down and sometimes she would fall back asleep or we could turn on a show in the living room and Bonham and I could go back to bed.... not so much with Barrett. When he is up, he's up and ready for us to get up too! This will take some getting used to. He is also going to bed a little later than normal because he is sharing a room and he wants Jayna to go to bed too, but she doesn't go to bed as early. I asked Jayna today if she wanted her own room again, but she told me that she wanted to share with Barrett. Okay, I guess. =)

Re-cap of the last week:
We had a wedding to DJ this past weekend in Abilene. It was a little weird to come back and not live there anymore. It's only been a week, so it still feels very normal to drive into Abilene and just be prepared to drive home.... it will take some getting used to.
It is so nice to have all of this space though.... the sky is so pretty at night and everything is so peaceful. I had forgotten what it was like in the country.

My parents' German shepherd had puppies last Wednesday and Bonham, the kids, and I got to be there for 4 of them being born. It was a neat experience. Jayna wanted to name them all. She and Barrett just want to hold them, and kiss on them.... we are trying to explain to them that they need to get a little bigger.... it's cute though.

The job hunt is still on! Bonham is taking another certification test this Friday to be more marketable. Keep your fingers crossed and say another prayer that he gets something soon!!! He is signed up to substitute in Saginaw. Hopefully it will turn into something full time! The good thing is that our DJ business is still staying really busy! We booked one today in Waco in October that will be HUGE for us! That was a nice little bonus! =)

Jayna and I went to the Azle library today. It was so nice. It's all new and fancy.... we didn't spend a lot of time in there, but we will go back soon. They have story time almost everyday, they have computers for the kids to use, and all of kinds of other things. I will have to post more about that we are doing....
That will have to be all for now though.... It's 1:00 a.m. and I need to get to bed, because I will have two little 'Bonham-clones' trying to crawl in our bed in about 6 1/2 hours!

Goodnight/Good Morning!

No comments: