I made these 'snakes' out of paper:
We waited until it got a little darker... I went out and hid the snakes where we might find real snakes.... in the bushes:
In taller grass:

Next to this old bath-tub/flower bed:
Under the shed: (Do you see it?)
A closer look:

We discussed with Jayna about where snakes may hide... and what to do if she sees one. After finding each snake, we went over it again.
Snake Hunter Jayna is ready!!!
We discussed with Jayna about where snakes may hide... and what to do if she sees one. After finding each snake, we went over it again.
Snake Hunter Jayna is ready!!!
Checking the bushes.... this was the start and we told Jayna to just 'look' with the flashlight, not her hands.... Just in case we found 'real' snakes. Yikes!
Looks like we may have a winner!

Yep, there's one!!!
Lying just outside our house.....
One down, three to go!
Just around the corner... to the backyard. Every yard has little spots that the ground isn't even, which means that the grass might be a little higher.... meaning that a snake might want to hide there too.
Two down, two to go!
Looking around the shed.... a great place for little critters to hide...
Hey Jayna, snakes are normally on the ground... she was looking all around. =)
Yep, there it is!
Barrett's starting to get into it now!
Because Barrett wouldn't fully understand what to do if he saw a snake, we told Jayna what to do if Barrett was around a snake. We told her to grab his hand and tell him to 'RUN!!!' I guess grabbing his shirt is good enough. =)
So here is the last snake. As I was putting these snakes out, I was thinking, 'What if I come across a snake while I am putting these out?' Of course I didn't....
Bonham's keen eye saw the little red dot.... see below:
Yes, that 'was' a black widow!!! Bonham took care of it! Another learning lesson for Jayna too. We have told the kids that they need to stay away from spiders, but a little education won't hurt.
Alright! All of the snakes have been found! And Jayna asked if we could play again tomorrow. Why not? It would be good to keep reiterating the importance of being aware of snakes and where they would hide and what to do if she sees one!
Snake Hunter Reward: Bath and Brownies!
I also have so many topics that I've wanted to blog about, but I just never get around to it. Hopefully, I can find the time soon to get some things on here soon!
Until next time...
1 comment:
You guys are the most creative parents ever!!!! What a fun idea and great way to teach the kiddos such an important thing! I kept waiting for you to say something about seeing a real one, so I'm glad you didn't! And at least Bonham is there to protect you from the icky, dangerous spiders too!!
Thank for praying for us and being there, sweet friend. So far, we're doing okay almost 24 hours out from our crazy news. 28w5days...we're on our way!
Love you all!!!
Post a Comment