Thursday, August 15, 2013

33 Week Update

How far along: 33 weeks (Due date Oct 3rd) - 49 days to go!

Weight Gained/Lost:  According to my last doctor's appointment, I am down 2lbs, but based on my home scale over the last few days, I think I have gained a few.  My next appointment is on the 22nd, so we will see...

How Big is George?:  Based on the sonogram from last week, George weight 4 lbs 3 oz, so based on the average of 1/2 lb a week that babies gain around this time, he should weight just under 5 lbs.  He is on track to weigh 8lbs or more by birth.  Jayna was 7lb 14 oz (1 day before her due date) and Barrett was 7lb 10 oz (10 days before his due date).

Sleep: Sleeping has been getting a little more uncomfortable as my stomach gets bigger.  I have tried to use different pillows, etc., but the most comfortable position has been sleeping on my stomach at an angle to relieve direct pressure off of George, of course.  :)  I slept this way all the way through my pregnancy with Barrett too.  Nice boys to let me sleep, I guess.  I am getting up a little more frequently to use the restroom, but that's to be expected.

Movement:   There was one day recently that George didn't move much.  I think it worried Bonham a little more than me.  It was a nice little break from the jabs!  But the next day, he was back to his normal movements.  He's all over the place!  He's under my right rib, he's down on my bladder... everywhere he can reach, he goes there!

My Mood: I've been in a good mood!  I am working from home more often until George gets here and I think that helps to lighten my mood.  :)

Food Cravings: Cravings?  hmmm... I hate to admit it, but I have been craving Dr. Pepper.  And yes, I have given in a little more than I would like to confess to.  Before recently, I hadn't had Dr. Pepper in over a year (since my surgery).  They don't ever taste as good as I would like, but a little drink satisfies the craving.  I drank soda my entire pregnancy up until the night before Jayna was born and I drank them off and on during my pregnancy with Barrett.  It was so much easier to not drink them after they were born and I could see their faces and I was nursing them.  Even though I am intelligent enough to understand that what I put in body still goes directly to him, it's just doesn't feel the same... hopefully others mothers can relate to what I am saying (without judging)  LOL

How am I feeling?:   Feeling good other than the back and hip pain that I have been experiencing for the past few weeks.  Some of George's movements have been a little painful; he seems very strong!

Labor Signs:  I have had a few contractions recently, but nothing regular.  I have read that Braxton Hicks contractions don't hurt.  These weren't so painful that I was alarmed, but they did get my attention, for sure.  I think it's just my body's way of trying to prepare me for what is to come.

Dr. Appointments: My next appointment is on the 23rd and then the doctor will decide if he wants to start seeing me weekly. He will also schedule one more sonogram before birth.

Looking forward to: My first shower is in 9 days!  I am so excited to see some of my Abilene friends that I haven't seen in awhile.  I also look forward to my next sonogram - I love to see how big George is getting.

Nervous/Worried About:  As we get closer to George's due date, I start to wonder if I remember all of the things that babies need.  I know I have done this before, but I feel like I have forgotten a lot of stuff.  Hopefully, it will come back to me!

No comments: