Well, something that I meant to post earlier this week was the visit that we had with my Great Aunt Eleanor from Georgia. She had a lay over at DFW on Sunday, so my mom went and picked her and her husband up from the airport. She brought them back to my parent's house so that they could meet all of the kids (Jayna, Barrett and Presley) and so that we could all meet her husband Vincent. They recently got married and are having a great time traveling around together - oh, to be retired! I want to be retired.... =)
Anyway, My Aunt Eleanor is my dad's Aunt. She is the older sister of my Papo, who passed away 8 years ago this month. She is a sweet southern lady and it was so great to see her again. I don't think that we have seen each other since my Papo's funeral.
Here are some pictures of that visit.....
This is me and my Aunt Eleanor
This is her with Barrett
This is Vincent and Aunt Eleanor with Barrett, Jayna and Presley
Presley is our niece (my brother's daughter). She will be a year old in December.
And yes, Jayna is saying, 'Cheese'
This is my Mamo and my mom (Nana) with the kids
Presley and Jayna playing with blocks
Barrett and my dad (Papa)
Barrett boy.... so serious!
He is so funny. He will smile and laugh like crazy until I pull the camera out and then he is so curious about the camera, that he can't be distracted from it. We are working on getting some better pictures.
I really have a lot of updates since I haven't posted in a long time. I will try to keep it short and maybe post again tomorrow.... Last weekend, we went to the Abilene Fish Fry, an annual event here. And then we went to the Frontier Texas Festival. I have some pictures of that, I just need to upload them and I will post some later.
Jayna and Barrett are done with day care and I am done working, so I am officially a stay at home mom! I am not making any plans for what I am going to do when the kids go to school other than going back to school myself. I think that it would be silly at this point to say that 'I am definitely going to .... whatever'. I can't make up mind and in 5-6 years, a lot will be different, so I am going to make those decisions later and just focus on making this the most beneficial and meaningful time for the kids.
I haven't lost anymore weight since my last post- I have hit a little plateau. I walked a mile this morning, so hopefully the extra activity will push me over that hump and kick start the weight loss again. Rachel made us breakfast this morning and she only lives a half mile away, so I pushed Jayna in the stroller over there and back.
I am trying to convince Jayna to take a bath so that we can go to the Downtown Dayz today. They have art activities and live music. She is excited when I tell her that she can get her face painted, but she doesn't want to bathe so that we can get ready to go...... kids!
There is something going on every weekend and some weekday evenings the whole month of October - I am super excited about that!!! I love that we can get out of the house and walk around and do FREE stuff!!!
Okay, that's enough fro now. I will try to post more tomorrow... and again, I am not proofreading - I hope that there weren't too many errors!! =)
2 comments:
Yeah for the new blog! Love the pictures--especially the "cheese" face!
Great pics!
Wish I could come to Abilene more often...
Post a Comment