Thursday, October 30, 2008

The ramblings of an exhausted mother....

The Garage Sale went well. We were only going to have it Friday and Saturday, but I extended it to Sunday as well because we still had so much stuff left over. We had 6 families that put their stuff in the garage sale, so there was a ton of stuff and I still have more... I haven't boxed it all up yet. Thankfully, I had my mom here to help with the kids and my friend Jennifer and her daughter Emma came over to help price and organize.
The garage sale as a whole made over $1,500, so we did alright. It was so exhausting though.
Now that the garage sale is over, we are trying to get into a routine. This has been more difficult that I expected because the kids never stay on the same sleeping schedule. Neither one of my children likes to sleep a lot. I thought that Barrett was going to be better at sleeping than Jayna because he really liked to sleep a lot at first, but I was wrong. He naps on and off all day and pretty much does the same thing at night. On the night of his 4 month birthday, he slept through the night and the next 2 nights, he did again and I thought, 'Sweet, we did it!!!!' But I was wrong. It didn't last. I need to get him on a schedule, but I almost don't' even know where to start. We let Jayna just sleep when she wanted and eat when she wanted and she just fell into her own pattern, but she didn't start sleeping through the night until just before Barrett was born and she still doesn't make it through every single night without waking up. How could a woman that loves and needs her sleep so much end up with 2 kids that hate to sleep???


Anyway, I'm tired! I didn't title this blog until just now because I realized that I am rambling on and I am sure that there are typos... oh well. =)

What else? My Mom and Dad and Mamo are coming to visit tomorrow for Halloween. And Bonham and I have a DJ gig on Saturday, so they are going to stay and watch the kids for us. We are going to celebrate Mamo's birthday while she is here. Jayna and I are going to make a cake for her and I am going to have some pictures printed off for her to take home.

As of this morning I weigh 216.... 16 pounds to go before Christmas!!! Since Barrett has been born, I have lost a total of 34 pounds. I have gone down into a smaller pant size, but the larger pants are so comfortable. I was going to throw them out, but I want to take one of those silly pictures when I am down to 150. You know, the picture where you hold out your old fat pants in front of you and then you drop them? I am going to be cheesy like that. =)

I think that is all for now, I should probably go do something productive. But first, here are some pictures......
Here's Barrett playing in the exersaucer (sp?)

Barrett and Jayna snuggling up in the morning.... it was cold.
I was trying to take pictures of the left over garage sale stuff to list online, but Jayna couldn't pass up the chance to get her picture taken!!! Alyson, does this drum look familiar?
These next few pictures are from when we went to Boo at the Zoo, here in Abilene. The crowd was crazy!!! I have never seen so many people at the zoo at one time. Very hectic!! This is a picture of Barrett, just enjoying the ride in the stroller. What is really funny is that I have several pictures of Jayna just like this.... I'd better start writing their names on the pictures now!
Here is Jayna and our niece Emerson.....

And this is Jayna with Dorthy. She really didn't want to stand next to her, so I had to get a picture fast!


That's all for now.... until next time!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

LOL...Lauralyn has the same exersaucer (sp?)! Too funny!