Monday, November 10, 2008

Good Evening Friends....

I know that the topic of my blogs recently have been very centered around my lack of sleep and how tired I am, but it has ruled my world for quite sometime now. I am writing this blog at ten 'till eleven and both of my lovely children are still wide awake!!! Now, I know that most of you are thinking, 'Seriously? How can this be true?' But it is. And everyone tells me not to let Jayna take a nap and get her on a better schedule. We did try that and no nap just makes her cranky. She doesn't go to bed any earlier and she wakes up earlier, so it's a lose-lose situation for us = bad attitude and early wake up call! I tried to put her down for a nap today, and she wouldn't do it.

And the little one.... well, he was sick over the weekend and is feeling much better today, but he slept almost all of Sunday and most of Sunday night, so didn't sleep as much today and he doesn't seem the least bit tired.

I wish that I had more to talk about recently, but this topic has been all consuming. I haven't posted any weight loss updates because I am sad to say that I haven't lost any more weight recently. I actually gained a few pounds. I was hoping that it was just water weight, but it has stuck with me for over a week now. My goal of 200 lbs my Christmas is looking like a stretch at this point. Every night I tell myself that tomorrow will be a good day and I will eat healthy and try to get in some exercise. And then the day comes and goes and I have eaten worse than the day before. I am a self-sabotager. I eat stuff that I don't even really need or want just because I want to eat. Several times in the past few days I have been full at dinner or lunch and I tell myself it's okay to stop, but I just keep on eating. Being home all day makes it harder to fight the urge to eat.

This blog is a downer!!!! I apologize to anyone looking for a good laugh today. I think I can give you one...... The other night, we put Jayna to bed and she came to our room and said, 'I don't want to sleep in Nana's bed (Nana's bed is an air mattress in Barrett's room. Barrett still sleeps in the pack and play in our room). She said that she had wanted to sleep there when we put her to bed, but she changed her mind. Okay, so we were settling in and she comes in again..... and this time she says, 'Daddy, the bear's going to get me'. There are teddy bears in Barrett's room, so that is where she gets that from. So Bonham goes and checks everything out and makes it better. So we settle in again and her she comes..... 'Mommy, I need to go potty'. We are trying to let her sleep with no diaper now. So I take her to the bathroom and of course she doesn't go..... so I put her back to bed. So we start to settle in again and now the thought of having any type of 'Mommy/Daddy time' is completely out of the question, because you never know when she will come back!!! And she does.... the fourth and final time.... she tells us that she is hungry and of course she has this pitiful, pouting face, but we don't give in and she finally goes to bed and stays there until 5:30, of course!
I'd like to take this time and apologize to my parents. I feel your pain!


Goodnight my friends!

2 comments:

sage said...

just reading that blog is exhausting!

Stephanie said...

You poor thing! Someone recommended a book to me "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child." Of course, you might not even have the time to read a thing from the sound of it. Love ya Cuz!