Since I started this blog, I have refrained from writing about anyone besides my husband and kids, but today I am compelled to tell you about my friend Alyson. Most of you have heard of her or met her. Her blog is listed over to the right.....
I met Alyson through her husband Justin. Justin and I worked together at Countrywide (I helped to train him). =) Bonham and I bought a house a few blocks away from them, so that is how I met Alyson. Normally when I am 'set-up' with a friend, I never like them as much as I hope I would, but it was different with Alyson. As couples, we had a lot in common and we just meshed well. We used to get to to each other's houses for dinner and dessert, we would go to the pool, go on walks. You know how normally the girls are friends and the boys are friends? Well, we were friends with both, it was just really cool.
I can remember one night when the boys were doing something and Alyson and I were in the kitchen and I asked her if they were trying for a baby. Just by the way that she talked, I could tell.... She said that they had been trying and she told me about the doctors and meds, etc.
I can't remember all of the details and it's really not my place to tell all of Alyson's personal medical info in my blog.
She and I became close over the time that we were neighbors. She had 3 early miscarriages and she lost her baby Jonathan at 22 weeks, back in July. Today was Alyson's due date, so I decided to write about her today. She had come to visit me in Abilene when she went into labor. You can read more about what happened on her blog. It was one of the saddest experiences of my life. I was glad to be there for my friend, but sad that she was with me.... if that makes any since at all.
side note: I am not a very well-spoken writer, so this sounded a whole lot better in my head than it's coming out in this posting.
Alyson is wonderful person that loves and encourages all the time. She is so strong in her faith in God. When we moved to Abilene, I was the saddest about leaving Alyson because she was the person that I hung out with the most and even though our friendship was 'arranged', if you will, it was never forced. Since living here, I haven't really made any friends like that. This is not a pity-party, I promise. I don't really have timeto hang out with tons of friends and I am very happy with the friends that I stay in touch with via phone and email, I just wish that Alyson still lived a few blocks away.... She is such a special person and I hope that you will take the time to pray for her and her husband, Justin during this holiday season.
1 comment:
I don't know what to say, except that I love you too! I feel the same way about our friendship, and I'm so thankful for you! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, my friend!
Post a Comment