Sunday, September 23, 2012

Good times were had by all...

So I've really taken the advice of my boss to take some time off to heart...  And it has been GREAT!  Makes me think I should do it more often!  But who am I kidding?  I am a work-aholic! 

On Friday, I went to get a massage.  One of my friends had a coupon for a massage at a local place and it expired on Saturday, so the timing worked out perfectly!  While I was getting a massage, I thought, 'I should go get a manicure when this is over...'  But when I got done, I had 3 text messages, 4 missed calls, 1 voicemail, and an email, so I headed home to take care of some work stuff.  Bonham and I were able to enjoy lunch and then spend the afternoon and evening relaxing with the kids.

On Saturday, my mother-in-law, Julie came to town.  I'd been needing to get Jayna some new hair bows and Julie wanted to get her some, so I wasn't going to refuse...  This was out bow selection before Grandma's visit:
 a couple of bows...

And then after Grandma came to visit... 
We were able to fill up our bow-holder ribbons (they barely fit)
After our bow-shopping-spree, we went to a local nail salon to get manicures!  I wasn't sure if they would be able to get us all in at the same time, but they did.  I also wasn't sure if they would let Jayna get anything done, but they did!  She didn't get a full manicure, but they did a little buffing and then polish and let her sit with her nails under the dryer.  She enjoyed it!  And they only charged $4, so I felt like that was a good deal and it made some nice memories for her!  She was so proud to tell the strangers there that her mommy and Grandma were there with her... so sweet.
She was waiting so patiently for them to get to her

The guy that did her nails was the perfect match for her.
He talked to her and was very patient and considerate of what we wanted and didn't want

Proud to show off those pretty pink nails!

Jayna and Grandma

Jayna took this picture of my nails

All of us girls and out nails

After we got our nails done, we went to pick up Barrett and we headed to the stockyards for some family fun!  We started with dinner at Riskey's Steakhouse.  It was so delicious and kids ate great, which is not always the case when we go out...

Grandma and her babies...

There was no way that the kids would let us pass up the chance to sit on this guy!
He was HUGE!!!



Julie was taking pictures on the other side, so we both have pictures of them looking different directions!  LOL

Standing by the street performers.  The kids were enjoying the music and
Barrett was trying to dance, but Jayna was trying to get him to be still for the picture.

Admiring Climbing on the art

Sheriff Barrett on the big spur!

Jayna's photo op!  These pictures looked better on my phone,
but they are blurry and over exposed  :(
 
After dinner, sitting on a longhorn, and walking around a little, it was time to head to the RODEO!!!  We got there a little early, but we were able to get a really good seat!
This picture was the right way on the computer, but when I uploaded it, it was side ways... not quite sure what happened, but it was too cute of a picture to not post

Me and the Sheriff at the Rodeo!  Again, kind of blurry, but oh well!  We had a great time!

Jayna was trying to act like a longhorn in this picture... um, okay Jayna Ray.

Oh, sweet Bear... he loved this hat, but it didn't last the night  :( 
It popped. 

the kids got the chance to go out in the arena to chase a sheep. 
Jayna took off and Barrett seemed lost....

I was going to take a picture of the kids and the rodeo clown came up and jumped in the picture.
I really like when events like this are kid-friendly.
The rodeo clown was telling the other rodeo clowns and cowboys about Barrett's shirt - definitely a hit!

We headed out a little early from the rodeo, but we had a great time and the kids are looking forward to going back again soon.  We got home a little after 10:00pm and they were still awake and talking about everything!  They were also sneezing their heads off!  haha!  So it was benadryl and showers before bed!  Good times...

No comments: