Here is a link to a website that give a little more detail about what Barrett has: CLICK HERE
So we got all of this info on Wednesday... then I met with my boss on Thursday and he told me to take the rest of the day off, through the weekend and come back on Monday. I pretty much have the coolest boss ever!
The kids still had school today, so Bonham and I had the house to ourselves. I did a little work, but not much. ;) This also gave us time to get all of the appointments scheduled for Barrett. I am the primary contact and I didn't really want to take these calls at work anyway.
We have an appointment for the additional scan on Wednesday morning and then we have the surgeon's consultation on Thursday. We are working on our list of questions to ask him. As long as everything is what they expect on the scan, his surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, the 9th. If for some reason the doctor feels like they need to move it up, they will. We don't foresee that happening though. The scheduling coordinator advised us that Barrett's stay would be 5-7 days, instead of the 7-10 like the cardiologist said on Wednesday. That is good news. She also said that he should be able to go trick-or-treating, but that he might get tired and need to rest.
That is about all we know right now. We have had a great out pouring of love from all of our friends and family and we can't be more thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment