How far along: 37 weeks (Due date Oct 3rd) - 21 days to go!
Weight Gained/Lost: According to my appointment on Monday, I have gained a total of 2.4 pounds. My last two appointments have been right after lunch. My next appointment is in the morning, so I have a feeling that my weight might drop a little next week. I think for being this far along, I have done well. My doctor originally said he wanted me to gain 0-10 pounds.
How Big is George?: Based on the sonogram from the 3rd show that George is 5 lbs 7 oz. Based on what I am reading, he should be between 6 and 6.5 lbs. We have another sonogram scheduled for the 23rd, so we should have a good idea of how big he will be at birth.
Sleep: I still sleep pretty well. The crazy dreams have subsided, so that's good. (knock on wood)
I normally only get up once a night to use the restroom. I do toss and turn a lot to find a comfortable position, but I am just glad that I can get some sleep and wake up rested. I know women who have pregnancy induced insomnia. :(
Movement: George's movements have slowed down slightly over the past few days (maybe because he is running out of room). But when he does move, it's pretty forceful and sometimes painful. Sometimes, it's such a strong movement that it moves my body! Quite funny to watch. These are the parts of pregnancy that I know I will miss. :(
Food Cravings: Chocolate has been calling my name a lot recently... so delicious.
How am I feeling?: I still feel really good being this far along! I feel better in the mornings than I do by the end of the day. By the time I got to bed, I am a little sore and ready to sleep.
Labor Signs: I have been having some Braxton Hicks contractions, but nothing consistent and they aren't increasing in pain, etc. According to my last exam on Monday, I hadn't progressed since the last check.
Dr. Appointments: I go back to the doctor on Monday for another check up/exam. I am hoping that there a little more progress, but I have a feeling it will be the same news... nothing!
Looking forward to: I am looking forward to cooler weather! That may not seem baby-related, but I think about carrying a baby in my arms in this hot weather and it makes me sweat more! I think I prefer being pregnant during the hot months. I know, I am weird.
Nervous/Worried About: I am worried about the timing of everything, whether I am induced or if I go into labor. It seems like everyone has so much going on right now...
Something Funny: I was telling this story at my shower, but I thought I would share it here for a good laugh! When I was pregnant with Jayna, we read to her almost every night, When I was pregnant with Barrett, we slacked off and didn't read to him as much. So when we got pregnant with George and I knew he could hear, I thought, "Okay, it's time to start reading.". I got through a full chapter before I realized that I wasn't reading out loud! Haha! Doesn't it work the same? He's part of me right now... can't he read my mind? LOL Oh my, the crazy things your brain thinks when you are pregnant!
No comments:
Post a Comment