Tuesday, September 3, 2013

(Almost) 36 Week Update

How far along: 35 weeks and 5 days (Due date Oct 3rd) - 30 days to go!

Weight Gained/Lost: According to my appointment today, I weigh exactly the same as I did at my first appointment in February, so my total weight gain/loss is ZERO.  Do I think I can maintain that for another 4 weeks?  Nah.  I think going this long is sufficient!  ;)

How Big is George?: Based on the sonogram today, George is 5 lbs 7 oz.  He is in the 63rd percentile.  He is gaining about an ounce a day.  If he comes on his due date, he should weigh 7 lb 5 oz.  These sonograms have a variance of about 7 oz either way.  Honestly, I think if he comes on his due date, he will be bigger than that.  But I also thought Barrett would be bigger, so what do I know?!?

Sleep: Some nights I sleep better than others.  I am getting up at least once a night; sometimes twice in a night to use the restroom.  I have been waking up at 6am and then convincing myself that I need to stay in bed, so I do and then when it's time to get up at 7am,  I feel sooooo tired!  Maybe I should just get up at 6am.  Oh well.

Movement:   George is still a good little mover.  I can tell that he is more crowded, but he still makes his presence known by rolling around and kicking me.  He doesn't like to be touched much.  If I place my hands on my stomach, he almost immediately starts kicking.  He tries to get away from the nurses when they want to listen to his heart.  He's a little stinker!

My Mood:  I'm in a good mood for the most part.  I have my moments, of course. 

Food Cravings:  I was really craving some peach cobbler this past week, so my sweet mom made me some!  Yum!  Now, I need to come up with a new craving!  LOL

How am I feeling?:     I have been tired and my back hurts, but other than that, I feel good.

Labor Signs:    I have been having some contractions off and on, but nothing on a regular basis.  When the doctor checked me today, he said that I was slightly dilated (maybe a fingertip to a 1).  This may not seem like much to most people, but it was kind of a big deal to me since I was at ground zero when I was induced with the other two.  The doctor didn't seem overly excited or concerned about it.  He said that with a third pregnancy, the cervix is softer and isn't completely closed (or something like that).  Then he rambled on about never knowing..... blah, blah, blah.... you might go a week over due.... say what????  No sir!  No thank you!  **This was not my regular OBGYN today.  My doctor was out of town, so I had to see someone else in the office**

Dr. Appointments:    My appointment went well today.  My blood pressure is good.  I had a strep B test.  I will go every week from now until my due date.  My next appointment is on the 10th and I will be able to see my regular doctor.  Hopefully, there will be some progress!

Looking forward to:   My baby shower this coming weekend!  Yay!  There are some friends coming that I haven't seen in a long time and I look forward to catching up.

Nervous/Worried About:    I was telling Bonham today that pregnancy is a planner's nightmare!  Let me explain.... Of course, I want George to stay in there and grow big and strong, but there also comes a time in pregnancy where every mom is like, "Okay, that's enough... go ahead and come out now".  I really wanted to fight this feeling, but it's inevitable.  :(   I feel like as soon as we have everything for him, he can just come on out.  I love his due date though, so I am torn.  I also like the idea of letting him come when God intends; I like the idea of going into labor instead of being induced.  I don't like the idea of not getting an epidural and I know that going into labor on my own and being at home increases that chance of that happening.
I like the idea of being induced because I feel like I have more control over the situation (right?  LOL).  I like being monitored from the beginning.  I like being able to make a plan for the big kids, family coming in, etc.  So to circle back to my comment to Bonham - I am a planner and pregnancy has so many uncertainties that it drives me crazy!!!  :)


Okay, that's enough rambling....  Here is a picture of our precious baby from today:
 

No comments: