Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Baby Shower Photos!

I had my baby shower last Saturday and had a great time!  My sweet friend, Kim threw the party for me and we had it at my house.  It was perfect!  The food was good, the decorations were so cute, and we had enough seating for the attendees!  ;)





 
The grub!
 
My mom made me me this precious cake - it was EXACTLY what I wanted and it was delicious too!

 
My Aunt Kelley with my friend's daughter, Eleanor:

 
My mom and I:
 
Showing off the loot:
 
My friends, Sage and Shalaina enjoying some food:

My friend, Alyson passing out the pens and paper for the games: 
 
My Aunt Laura, neighbor, Julie, and friend, Sue:
 
Me and Sage, getting ready to open some presents:
 
I received these cute embroidered items from Bobbie Jo:
 
I know I have my eyes closed, but it's a cute picture of Jayna and I trying not to be vain!  haha!

 
George received SO MANY cute clothes at the party... I hope I have a chance to get him in all of these before he out grows them!

My friend, Bobbie Jo and her mom, Sandy (Sandy is also one of the kids' favorite babysitters!)
 
Curious George... Jayna has already read this to George!

 
Jayna and Barrett received several gifts from our friends too:
 
A sweet cross for George's room from my sweet friend, Julie:

 
Some other goodies:
 
My friend, Shawnae got me bunch of good stuff and one of them were these Blocks with George's name and a place to put his date of birth:
 
A monkey boppy from Kim!
 
And some cute Halloween and Thanksgiving outfits for George:
 
Bathtub and bath goodies from my Aunt Laura!
The way it was put together was so cute, that I didn't want to take it apart,
but I guess George needs a place to bathe...

Jayna was my little helper and she loved it!
 
I'm pulling out some gifts for George...
 
And then there were some shirts for Jayna and Barrett.
Jayna in all seriousness said, "Is this 100% cotton?"
And I started cracking up!  I couldn't control myself... I was laughing so hard that I was crying and then everyone else was crying and Jayna just stood there like, "please answer my question!"  LOL
 
My Aunt Kelley came over to ask Jayna about this question and get some clarity for the group.
Jayna had learned abut Tye-dying at school and it had to be 100% cotton, so this peaked her curiosity.  You really had to be there... LOL
 
 
Me and my cousin, Lacie
 
My friend, Sage and her precious daughter, Eleanor:

Bobbie Jo, Sage, and Eleanor:
 
My mom (AKA: Nana), cutting the cake:
 
Neighbors and friends:
 
Me and Kim, my hostess:
 


Me and Sandy:
 
Me and Aunt Kelley:
For those of you who know me, I don't wear dresses very often (okay, really never).  My Aunt Kelley took me shopping the day before my shower for some nursing bras and it turned into nursing bras, 2 sets of pajamas, and this beautiful dress, along with some clothes for George - she spoiled me, for sure!
 
Me and Sue:
 
Me and Aunt Laura
 
Me and Julie:
(I think I was in the middle of a thought)
So, we took another!  haha!
 
Jayna and Eleanor:
(Jayna is a natural)
 
Me and Shalaina:
 
Being photo bombed by a baby...  :)
 
Me and Shawnae:
 
Me and sweet Jayna - she is getting so big  :(
 
Me and Mrs. Jodie:
 
Me, Jayna, Kourtney, and Kyler:
 
 
The boys showed up at the end of the party for some cake.
Me and my dad:
 
Papa, Me, Nana, and Barrett:
 
Bonham, Barrett, and me:
 
Now, for the gifts... (sorry this post is so long...)
Rock and Play Sleeper from my in-laws:
 
Bathtub from Aunt Laura
 
Thanksgiving outfit from Kim:

Isn't that just the cutest thing?
 
Halloween outfit from Kim:

Little Fox from outfit from Sue:
 
Sweet sock monkeys from Sue:
 
Swaddlers and Blanket from Kim:
 
Nursing supplies from Alyson:

 
Variety of pacifiers and clips:
 
Some other goodies:

 
Up close of the boppy:
 
 
Lulla-vibe from Sue.  This thing is so cool. 
It goes under the mattress of the crib and vibrates for 30 minutes.  Cool, huh?
 
 
A cute monkey baby book for George from Sandy:
 
Curious George book from Sue:
 
Sweet outfits....


 
Hand print/Footprint frames and receiving blankets:
 
More outfits and sleepers... 








 
Video monitor from Nana:
 
"George" blocks!  I can't wait until he gets here...
 
Embroidered Awesomeness!
 
And gift cards!  Always nice!  ;)
 
 
Mamo got George this shirt and pants.  Barrett has a shirt that matches it.  Hopefully, they will be able to wear them around the same time!
 
Jayna got these cute pajamas from Aunt Kelley:
 
And Barrett got these from Aunt Kelley too:
 
Jayna and Barrett received these from our neighbor, Julie:
 
Some bottles, because I have others in the house that might want to feed the baby eventually.  ;)
 
Big Brother and Big Sister Shirts from Sandy:
 
Bumbo seat from Sage:
Funny thing about this gift... we were near the end of the gifts and I opened this gift.  I guess I had a strange look on my face, because Sage asked me if blue was okay.  I said, "Yes, it doesn't matter".  But in my mind, I thought, "Well, I would prefer pink or purple." That sounds funny, right?  Well, for a split second, I thought I was having a girl!  I don't know why, but I did.  I had a good little laugh about that!  
 
 
My mom and dad got us this travel system:
 
Part of the embroidered items included this car seat cover from Bobbie Jo:
It matches perfectly!
 
These were some of the decorations that Kim brought for the party.  I love usable decorations!  :)
 
The next few pictures are of items that I purchased with the gift cards:
Nice, huh?


 
Since the shower, I have received a few other items that I will try to post later - this is such a long post already.  I just wanted to make sure that I document the day and the generosity of my friends and family.  I am overwhelmed by it all.  :)


 

No comments: