How far along: 37 weeks and 5 days (Due date Oct 3rd) - 16 days to go!
Weight Gained/Lost: According to my appointment yesterday, I have gained a total of 3.5 lbs. That's not too shabby.
How Big is George?: George is probably around 6.5 - 7 lbs right now... maybe a little more, maybe a little less. We have a sonogram next week and we should have a better idea of his size.
Sleep: Sleep is still going well being this far along... I still get up about once a night to use the restroom and I toss and turn, but most mornings, I wake up feeling rested.
Movement: George's movements have slowed some, but he's still fairly active for being so cramped. He is getting the hiccups more often, so that's fun to watch and feel.
My Mood: I think my mood is good... you may want to ask Bonham. :)
Food Cravings: Chips and Salsa from El Cerrito in Azle... I could probably eat that every day!
How am I feeling?: Over the past few days, I have had some allergy issues, so that has been causing headaches and stuff. But other than that, I feel good.
Labor Signs: Nothing promising... I have sporadic contractions and based on my appointment yesterday, I have progressed a little more! I am 50% effaced, dilated to a 1, and George is in a -2 station. At my last check, I was about 20% effaced, dilated a fingertip to a 1, and he was in a -3 station. The stations tell you how far the baby has descended into the pelvic cavity. Zero would be at the mid-way point of the pelvic bone. Hey, it's progress! :)
Dr. Appointments: I have a doctor's appointment this coming Monday, the 23rd and at that point, I will have another sonogram done. I had asked the doctor about inducing me on the 27th, but he isn't on call that day, so he said, "Let's wait and see next week." I like my due date, but based on several different factors that Bonham and I have discussed, we are okay with him coming whenever... Doesn't everyone get to that point?
Looking forward to: Seeing what George looks like! I imagine that he will look like Barrett, but I guess he might just look like himself...
Nervous/Worried About: I am still nervous about labor and not getting an epidural. I also worry a little about trying to juggle nursing with the big kids' homework/extra-curricular activities, etc. and then going back to work. I was able to nurse Jayna for 4 months and Barrett for 5. I would love to nurse and pump for George for 6 months +. I know it will take commitment and dedication with all of the distractions of this world.
No comments:
Post a Comment