I'm still trying to get caught up from previous months...
This was one of the first pictures that I took in May, I guess.
The kids think that their Daddy is a jungle gym.
Barrett doesn't seem to stay still enough for me to take his picture, so when he wants to take a selfie, I have to give in! Even if I have crazy hair and no makeup! ;)
On Mother's Day of this year, we had our first litter of rabbits. Isabella Bunny had 6 bunnies. 5 survived initially, but in the end, we only had 3. We gave one to a friend and then we "dispatched" them. (this is a nice way of saying that we butchered them)
I'm not sure where she is looking... The sun was really bright that day and I didn't notice her crazy eyes until we got back inside and I looked at the pictures again.
Oh well, she was so happy about these bunnies!
They were so tiny and soft...
My sweet George cuddling with me one morning.
Birthday party fun at Austin's house:
Super Jayna!
Barrett was working on his school project: The Arctic Fox Den
This was Jayna's favorite bunny, Jewels:
After only about a week or two, they start looking like regular bunnies!
A few weeks before this picture, Jayna and I were in a convenient station getting a Fanta to drink. The cashier asked Jayna if she spoke Spanish and Jayna said, "no."
The cashier replied, "No? Well you like one."
Jayna and I both smiled at him, paid, and we left. But I couldn't stop thinking, "What does he mean? She looks like one what? Does she look Hispanic?"
I told my co-workers and they had a good laugh... come to find out, Fanta is the drink of my people! Haha! I am a quarter Hispanic and I guess the cashier assumed we spoke Spanish because we drink Fanta. I took this picture of me with a 2 liter of Fanta to have another laugh with my co-workers.
Enjoying Nana's pool and the warmer weather:
Helping my sweet mother-in-law clean out her school room when she retired this last year.
She has purchased a lot of items for her classroom that I can now use for homeschooling.
I hate to not post pictures of Barrett, but it seems like he only likes for me to take his picture in evening or in the morning when he's already in his pajamas! Haha!
Cuddling with our sweet bunnies!
This one is not dead... she just likes to be held this way:
Donuts for breakfast!
And this is a great example of why Bonham won't put in new carpet...
we have messy children!
Trying to organize all of the supplies that I was given by my teacher friends:
All of the kids enjoyed playing with the new stuff!
We did some homeschooling at the beginning of summer.
My plan was to take June off, because it was so full of camps and other things.
Then we were going to pick up in July to finish a good portion by September. Obviously, that is not what ended up happening after we lost Bowie. You would think I would have used that time more wisely, but I didn't. I was so sad, in pain, on meds, and doing follow up appointments, that I couldn't focus on much more. So we decided that the kids would start back at regular school time after all.
More fun with our new stuff:
Jayna was invited to take part in a special event at the Nature Traders Center at the zoo. It's a great program where children can find items in nature (they have a list of do's and don'ts). They bring them in and talk about what they already know about their item, learn some new things about their item, and then earn points to "purchase" other items. The kids (and Bonham) love it!
These are Jayna's favorite animal - the flamingos
They brought out special animals to present
Sorry this is blurry, but it's the only one I was able to snap
She was able to spin a wheel and based on the color that it landed on, determined what category she was able to choose from. This lucky girl landed on the color where she got to pick from a collection of rocks (her favorite!).
She picked out this pretty little geode!
Country girl....haha!
Barrett at his first grade end of year ceremonies!
Jayna and I were there to watch...
Mrs. Tilghman - the sweetest! :)
She was Barrett's first grade teacher and has now become a dear friend of ours.
This precious little girl is one of Barrett's best friends from school. They were in kindergarten and first grade together. Her mom, Mrs. Tilghman, and I are all hoping to plan a wedding for these two someday.... are we crazy or what?
Thumbs up for the last day of school!
We went to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate!
These kids were ticketing-winning machines!!!!
I decided to take some of that good luck up north with my mom the next day! LOL
We only stayed for a few hours, but I left with the money I took, so I consider that I good trip!
Back to farm life....
We were looking for bugs to feed to our chickens and fish!
May was such a random month! I just need to get caught up on July and August pictures....






















































No comments:
Post a Comment