Wednesday, December 29, 2010

1 More Test.... Heck, Why Not 2 More?

Bonham is getting ready to register for another teacher certification test. He is going to take the High School Science test. He was able to find some good study material online, so hopefully it will be helpful. He has been able to pass all of his other tests on the first try, so I am confident that he will do well on this one too.

Do you remember learning all of that information in school that you thought you would never use? Well, Bonham is really good at retaining a lot of useless information, so he remembers a lot of stuff from high school. =) Today, he took a sample test online. It was an exit-level science exam for high schoolers. I can tell you right now that I would have failed that exam. I can't remember anything from high school. There were 55 questions on the test and he only missed 5! He doesn't think it's that big of a deal, but I was pretty impressed. =)

After he takes (and passes) this test, he will have five content areas covered: Generalist 4-8, Special Education, Physical Education, English as a Second Language, and High School Science. It might also look at taking the High School Social Studies test.

We are really trying to secure the chances of him getting a job next year! =) Fingers crossed! Letters written to Santa! Prayers said over and over!

No comments: