The mortgage industry, that is! A few weeks ago, I received a call from my friend, Justin. He had been promoted to Mortgage Lending Manager at JPMorgan Chase Bank and he was calling to see if I was interested in coming to work for him. I thought about it for about 2 seconds and then said, 'Yes!'
Justin and I worked together at Countrywide Home Loans and we had discussed that if he or I were promoted, the other would try to get moved to their team. I ended up working from home when I worked for Countrywide, so when Justin did get promoted, my manager refused to let me go to his team. That has been several years now. We have remained close friends with Justin and his wife, Alyson since our Countrywide days.
When Bonham and I decided to move, our plan was that I would stay home with the kids until the go to school and Bonham would teach full-time. Many of you know from reading this blog, that Bonham didn't get a full-time teaching job and he has been substituting and will hopefully have a full-time position next year. Bonham and I always have the best plans..... LOL
As much as we both were hoping that I could stay home, it just isn't meant to be. We have tried many different ways of either one of us staying home, but unfortunately it's just not going to work for us. I thought that when I would go back to work, it would be a different line of work, but that's alright. =) I am excited about this new job and working for someone who knows me on a personal level; that will make this transition back to work a lot easier.
I am going to be originating mortgage loans out of 2 different Chase branches. I officially start my new job this coming Monday, the 6th. I will be shadowing other loan officers and watching what they do on a daily basis. The following week, I will have my 'official training' in..... Florida! Can we say vacation? =) hahaha
Unfortunately, I won't be able to take Bonham or the kids with me, so it's not really a vacation... or is it? hahaha =)
I'll post more information about it soon... until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment