Thursday, July 25, 2013

30 week update!

How far along:  30 weeks (Due date Oct 3rd) - 70 days to go!

Weight Gained/Lost:  At my appointment today, I was down another .6 lbs, so I have lost a total of 4.6 lbs since the beginning of my pregnancy.  Some friends and family have voiced their concerns about this, but my doctor is fine with it and really said that he would be happy if I only gained 5 lbs during my entire pregnancy.  I am definitely eating, so don't worry about that!

How Big is George?:  He is about 3 lbs and between 16 - 1 inches from head to toe.  We have a sonogram in 2 weeks, so we should have a better idea of exactly where he's at with his growth. 

Maternity Clothes: Yes, of course!

Sleep: I sleep well at night, but I am still very tired during the day... I wish I had a way to work naps into my daily routine.  In due time, I guess.  ;)

Movement:   George seems to move a lot in comparison to what Barrett did, but I can tell that his scheduled time pattern that he was following so closely for weeks has now adjusted.  The things I read say that he should be moving ten times an hour... I don't know if that is the case, but he definitely moving a lot when he does move.  If I sit forward for a long period of time (like at my computer), and then I lean back, I can bank on him moving a few times and they are normally pretty BIG moves too!  It's so cool to watch!

My Mood: I am in a good mood, but being tired probably makes it seem like I am in a bad mood.

Food Cravings: No cravings this week, but I heard some tejano music when I was flipping radio stations and I instantly wanted some salsa!  Haha!  The funny thing is that it was 9:00am!  It's my Hispanic blood, I guess.

How am I feeling?:  Still feeling good, except being tired.  Have I mentioned being tired yet???  I have also started to feel some changes in my hips during the past few weeks.  George is really, really low (or at least I feel like he is), and I feel it in my hips and lower back.  My doctor said that it's normal and it happens with each pregnancy because those muscles are stretched out.

Labor Signs?:  No, thank goodness - this is a little too early for my comfort zone and I really want an October baby...

Dr. Appointments:  My next appointment is on the 7th and we will have a sonogram then.  I am hoping to get a good profile picture of George to show everyone.  I envision him looking just like Barrett though.

Looking forward to:  Getting my 15% off coupon in the mail, so that I can go buy George's stroller!  Lame?  I know, but once that is purchased, we have marked off the last BIG item off our list and that relieves a lot of stress off of me.  Whew!

Nervous/Worried About:  I am back to crazy dreams... no money, no diapers, etc.  :(  The stress of working on commission during pregnancy!  Oh well, such is life.  :)

Something Cool:  This is cool and not cool at the same time... the Royal baby was born earlier this week and was named George!  I hope that people will like our son's name more because of that, but I never want people to think that we copied them.  We had our George's name picked out since before we were pregnant.  We also like that there won't be a ton of Georges in his class. 

That's all for this week!  I really did try to come up with some other posts in between, but I came up with nothing!  I will work harder this week!  :)

No comments: