Friday, August 22, 2008

Did I mention that I'm tired?

I am off for the weekend, but I know it won't be long enough.... I have housework to do and I am so exhausted. I didn't work at the hospital today. I worked at Brent's office (State Farm). I was helping to train some new people. And then I had to take Barrett to get his 2 month shots. I can't believe that 2 months has come and gone. Before you know it, he will be walking and talking.

Yesterday at the hospital, there were 5 or 6 babies born... I lose track of how many there are and my days are starting to run together. Right now, the patients and babies are referred to by room number so that I can learn where things are. Also, it's easier for us to communicate about what is going on when we reference a room number. That way if anyone over hears us talking about something going on they won't know exactly who we are talking about. There are so many interesting things going on in Labor and Delivery all the time. It's so exciting, but exhausting.

I think that the nurses and other staff seem to like me okay.... or they are good fakers! =) The nurse manager said that be able to move up to other positions and get recommendations for nursing school, it's important that the nurses like me... no pressure or anything!

Something of interest occurred yesterday.... http://www.ktxs.com/ click on this link and scroll down until you see the mug shot.
This is my doctor. He delivered Barrett and he works as a OBGYN in Labor and Delivery at Hendrick (where I work). We aren't sure how much truth there is to his daughter's accusations, but he is supposed to be back to work on Tuesday.... I will let you know what develops.

1 comment:

Alyson Steiner said...

Yikes!! I can't imagine a doctor doing something like that. Not too sure I would go back to him! Keep us posted!