Monday, August 18, 2008

Not for men....

If you are a man, don't read this post!!! This is for girls only....

That dreaded day is coming... the day I have dreaded for the past 11 months. How do I know? Because Bonham asked me, 'What's wrong with you? Are you mad at me? Did I do something to upset you?'. And honestly, nothing is wrong, I'm not mad at him and he didn't do anything. So there must only be one explanation for this HUGE attitude, intense craving for chocolate and my 2 pound weight gain in one day (water weight - I hope).... Aunt Flo is coming to visit. Either that or diets stress me out so much, that it makes me want to kill everyone, eat everything and retain water. I guess we will wait and see.


Anyway, on a lighter note... I had orientation today, so now I know what to do and what not to do at my job. That's always a good thing.

I had Bonham take my picture this morning so that we could see a starting point for my weight loss. I am not going to let this minor set back effect me. I am just going to blame this on mother nature and move on.... Also, this will let you see me in my ever-so-attractive scrubs!
So there I am. That little thing hanging from shirt is really cool. It's like a Lo-jack (sp?) system for the people in our department. That way if we need to find someone we can and it has an emergency panic button on it, so if I push it, an alarm will sound. Pretty cool, huh?
Jayna moved up to the next class at her day care today. In this class, they have no pull-ups! Now, I don't know if that is their rule or if the teacher misunderstood Bonham's instructions this morning, so he is going to clarify tomorrow.
We have been working on potty training for months now and Jayna is really doing well. She probably would have been potty trained a few months ago if her parents weren't so lazy!!! =) In the class that she was in, they would put her in a pull-up at the end of the day and at nap time, but I had my suspicions that they did it more often than just those times.... At home, she asks us to put her in a diaper. I think that she got some of that lazy gene. I think that she is smart enough to be potty trained completely, but she chooses not to. Even a few months ago, my sister-in-law asked her if she needed to go potty and she said, 'No, I got my diaper'. She is too smart for her own good.
Back to the day care thing, Bonham was supposed to tell the teacher to only put her in a pull-up for sleeping and nothing else and if we have to change her clothes 5 times a day until she is potty trained, then that is what we have to do! Easier for me to say that when they take care of her all day, I know, but we are cleaning up accidents here too when she gets home. I think that she thinks that if she has enough accidents, we will give in and put a diaper on her... we are on to her tricks! Wish us luck!!! She will be 2 1/2 on September 5th, so we need to get this done!
Here is a picture of Barrett that Bonham took last night. And yes, he does sleep all the time.....
Later!

1 comment:

Alyson Steiner said...

Barrett's getting so big!! Love the family pictures! I'm so glad you have a blog! =)