So to tell you about my new job.... it's about as glamorous as they made it sound. It is a lot of cleaning! I have two weeks of training to complete and they are teaching me the cleaning stuff first and then I will learn how to set up for surgeries, assist the nurses, etc. There are really so many aspects of this job that they told me that I will be doing, it's too much to write about at once. My first day was considered 'steady'. I was on my feet for all but about 30 minutes. For those of you who have a weak stomach, you probably should stop here... good-bye.
Yesterday I learned how to clean an out-patient room. This would be for anyone that just comes to be monitored for a short time; they don't deliver in that room. I learned how to take apart the different beds and dress them. There are different ways to dress the surgery beds, delivery and out-patient beds and the gurneys. I learned how to clean a delivery room, which is going to be more messy (obviously) than an out-patient room. There are carts that have to be refilled with the utensils needed, etc. I learned how to properly dispose of the placenta after birth. That was pretty cool. If you want to know more about that.... you can email me. I learned how to open the sterile instruments for labor and delivery and set them up for the doctor.
This is only a portion of what I learned, but we can stop there. There will be more updates to come.... It's hard to say if I enjoyed it because I'm still in the learning phase. I think that it will be easier to tell once I am on my regular hours at night. Everyone has said that this is a very bloody job, but fortunately, my first day wasn't that way.
I'm still so tired. I know that this blog doesn't have a good flow to it.... maybe I will do better next time.
WEIGHT LOSS UPDATE: As of this morning, I have lost one pound!!! It's not a huge amount, but you have to lose one before you can lose two or three. =)
Barrett will be 2 months old tomorrow... Here are some pictures of the kids:
Barrett loves to be on his tummy, but playing with his toys tires him out!!!

Bonham took this picture. Very Cute, but I can't rotate it. Sorry!
He likes to sleep... he is my child.


Jayna and Barrett hanging out!!! She likes to lay beside him and he enjoys the company.

Jayna just before she goes to day care.... I think she is still tired.

Jayna has started to tell us, 'I like my brother'.... we'll see how long that lasts!
More to come....
3 comments:
Cristina,
Love the pics of the kids... they are SOOO precious!!!! The job sounds so interesting... hope it doesn't wear you out too much :). And, kudos to Bonham for cleaning the house for his lovely bride. MAJOR brownie points huh? Keep posting!!!!!
Luv ya bunches!
Auntie Laura
Cristina,
Love the pics of the kids... they are SOOO precious!!!! The job sounds so interesting... hope it doesn't wear you out too much :). And, kudos to Bonham for cleaning the house for his lovely bride. MAJOR brownie points huh? Keep posting!!!!!
Luv ya bunches!
Auntie Laura
Girl, just now able to get on here and look at your blog. Love it! Wish I had more time to do one myself - don't know how you do it. With 4 kids - almost impossible, especially with my impatience. Miss talking to you more. Love you bunches!!!
Staci
Post a Comment