I can't tell you how many times I have been asked if I have a myspace or facebook? In the past, I have used the computer to do the following things: work, check my email and check my bank account. More recently, I have been keeping up with a few of my friends by reading their blogs and I look forward to opening it to see the new messages that they have. I hope that whoever is reading mine feels the same.
On Friday and I am going to start a new job where I will not be on a computer all day long, so I think I might enjoy using the computer for fun rather than work. I'm not sure how often I will update this blog or if I will add a ton of pictures, but I am going to give it the old college try!!!
Bonham and I have been super busy with our two kids and I know that there are some people that are very interested in seeing them and knowing what they are up to. I hope that this will help me to not use as many minutes on my cell phone plan and provide a way for friends and family to 'see' us more often.
Where do I begin??? I keep thinking of who might be reading this after I type it and I'm not sure if everyone knows exactly where we are in life right now, so I will give a brief update of the past 3 1/2 years..... Bonham and I were married on January 8th, 2005. In June of 2005, we bought a house and found out that we were expecting a baby. Jayna Ray was born on March 5, 2006. She is the funniest and smartest 2 yr old you will ever meet! In December of 2006, we moved to Abilene so that Bonham could help to rebuild the failing Sun Supply Corporation that his father, Robert owns. I was working from home for Countrywide, so we were able to pick up and move without a problem. The plan was to build up Sun Supply to sale it for a profit.
In March of 2007, we bought a house in Abilene as a 'fixer-upper'. We planned to stay here in Abilene for a year or two and flip this house, but things have changed and we are staying a little longer. At first I was sad, because I was away from my friends and family, but now it's not so bad. I am actually starting to like Abilene more and more everyday. I am meeting people and we are trying to find a church.
In October of 2007, we found out that we were expecting our second child.... Baby Barrett. He was born 8 weeks ago today, on June 17th - my Granny's birthday. He is precious, though not as advanced as his genius sister.... We keep thinking that he is starting to smile, but then when he won't smile for days, we decide that it must have been gas. Anyway, he will get there - Jayna is working with him! =)
So back to the update... Sun Supply did not work out, but Bonham is staying extremely busy remodeling houses and doing handyman work for people. The old ladies love him!!! He also has his real estate license and he has sold 2 houses so far. The market is slow, but the occasional sale will come in handy!
We are starting to cut down on the DJ gigs. My dad and I started the business over 8 years ago and I am tired! Bonham has been doing the gigs with me for over 2 years now and we have done some in Abilene, but now with having 2 kids, it's just too hard to keep up with. We have decided to still help out family and close friends if they need a DJ though, so don't worry! =)
About the new job that I am starting.... I am going to be working at Hendrick Medical Center (where Barrett was born) in the Labor and Delivery Unit as an Attendant, assisting the nurses, preparing the surgical equipment, cleaning, etc. I am very excited about this change. It's not like anything that I have done before and that excites me. I was ready for a change. During my pregnancy, I quit working for Countrywide and came to work for State Farm. It's a great company and my boss is such a great guy, but I really felt like I needed to give this a try. If I decide to go onto nursing school and make my Mamo very proud, Hendrick will pay for it. You can't beat that!!! I am also looking forward to working with more people, since the State Farm office is small. I am looking forward to making more friends and having a job that I can be passionate about.
Okay, so I guess that this is the world's longest first post. I never thought I would do a blog, but it looks like I had a lot to say! I will try to post some pictures tonight or tomorrow of the kids. Now if I can just figure out how to do that.... Bonham will probably have to help me.
Write back and let me know if you think that this is completely corny!
No comments:
Post a Comment