Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Do you clip?

In order to cut back on our grocery budget, I decided to start clipping coupons. I've never been much of a coupon clipper because of the fact most of the items aren't things that I already buy or even with the coupon, you can get the store brand cheaper. And sometimes you have to buy 2, or 3, or 4 (!!) to get the deal - not worth it! But I thought I would give it a try. The coupons in our newspaper here are not as good as the ones that come in my parents' paper, so they save them for me so that I can clip them!

The first time that I went to the grocery store with my coupons, it took me an extra hour to shop, but I saved over $15.00!!! That's not a bad hourly rate of pay, if you look at it that way... So now I am hooked on clipping coupons to stretch our grocery budget. One problem though, as soon as I got hooked, they pulled the coupons that I use the most!!! Of course! I went online to find coupons for the things that we buy the most, and I found a whole lot of them... but there is a catch. You have to buy them!! How much sense does that make? It still makes it a good deal, but its the principle of the matter. I don't want to pay for coupons!!! I know that you pay for a paper that has the coupons in them, so technically, you are paying for coupons. But if you were reading closely, I am not buying the paper.... so I'm a cheap-skate coupon clipper. Sue me! LOL =)

No comments: