Yesterday was my friend Sage's birthday - Happy Birthday Sage!!! Yesterday was also ten years since I graduated high school. I received something in the mail about the reunion and I had really mixed emotions.... I called on 2 of my bestest buds - Bobbie Jo and Sage to see what they thought about going.... Bobbie Jo said, 'I'll go if you'll go.' Sage said, 'I'm on the fence. What about you?' My line of thinking was this, 'I can pay $45 (or $90 if Bonham goes too, which he would) to go eat with a bunch of people that I haven't seen in forever and really don't care to see, or I can leave that date open and potentially book a DJ gig and make a few hundred bucks. Well, when Sage found out that you had to pay to go, she said, 'No thanks!' (that is the clean version) =)
So I called Bobbie Jo and we are all in agreement that we are going to throw a kick-booty party after we move and we won't charge people to come! Now, we aren't inviting the entire graduating class... maybe a few close friends and some people that we've lost touch with, but want to catch up with... kids can come, we'll have music (provided by C&R Entertainment), food, and fun! You can't beat that!
Did you go your high school reunion? Or are you planning on going?
I will admit that I have checked the website where people can give details of what they are up to. I am curious.... I just don't really want to be around those people. I sometimes still feel like that insecure teenager and I don't want to be judged for what I have and haven't done since high school. I am happy with my life and the way that things are. I just don't want to be around people who might make me feel like its not something to be proud of... I don't know if that even makes sense....
No comments:
Post a Comment