Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Vacation in Pictures.... (Part 1)

Day 1: The Alamo & Riverwalk

Leaving the parking garage....

Jayna was adamant about having her hair down, but after the first day of all of us sweating and getting so hot, I was able to convince her to have a pony tail the next few days. =)

A short walk over to the Alamo! Not sweaty yet....

This is a picture of the monument outside of the Alamo. It has the name of the men who fought at the Alamo. You may recognize this one below....

James Butler Bonham
This is where Bonham's name came from.... I really need to do a genealogy report to get more information about it. Basically, Bonham's great-grandmother's maiden name was Bonham.




We didn't plan this name thing...
William Barret Travis was known to be a good friend of James Butler Bonham, but recent evidence has shown that they were actually second cousins. This 'Barret' is only with one 'T', which is weird to me... oh well, close enough, I guess. =)
Alright, into the Alamo with all of the other tourists!
You aren't allowed to take pictures inside the Alamo building because its considered a shrine to the men who died there.... and it was really crowded, so we headed out to the courtyard area for some pictures...

Barrett wasn't much for posing....
His name is everywhere and I couldn't resist taking pictures! I just love Bonham's name.

C'mon Barrett! Give me a smile....

We tried to get into the shade and near this water that was so soothing. It was a little more cool over here, but it made me want to go swimming!
Some cool artwork...


I was trying to get as many pictures as I could on this vacation, because I have been so bad about taking and posting pictures. But it was so hot and we were trying to get through the crowds, juggling bags, kids , and a stroller! And did I mention it was hot?

We walked into the River City Mall to get over to the River Walk and cool off a little.
We saw this huge glass art! It was a lot more impressive in person than in this picture.


There was water everywhere we went!
I was just sure that one of the kids would fall in (or try to jump in)!

Waiting in line for the River Boat...

Sweet, sweaty kids....
Jayna & Daddy on the boat. It was a little crowded on the boat. It rained a little on us, but I'm not sure that it helped the heat all that much. I think it made us more sticky!

Again, trying to get Barrett to pose....
This was the last picture from Day1:
I did some searching about the 'Baby Conference' that was there and the Duggars were in San Antonio! I wish that I would have known! I would have gone looking for them! =)



Day 2: The San Antonio Zoo!

Beginning of the day:
Our little navigator is looking at the map so that she can tell us which way to go!
Yes, he always has a sippy cup! He's a thirsty boy!
This picture does not do this creature justice! He was huge!!!

Its a kamodo dragon. Look at Jayna in the background. Too Funny!
Jayna: "My turn, my turn!"

On the move again.... let's see something else!
I was trying to get Barrett to stand up there like the picture of that girl.
Fat Chance!
I just think he so cute in the little floppy hat, so I kept taking his picture. He got this hat for this birthday from our future neighbor, Julie. Thanks, Julie! It really came in handy!
Inside again to try to cool off! It really wasn't all that much cooler in here,
but we got to see some cool fish.This guy was hard to get a good picture of, because half his body was under water and the rest was on the top of the water....
Check out this HUGE snake! My sister-in-law, Erin would freak out!
There were actually 2 of them, but the other pictures was too fuzzy through the glass.


More cool fish....
And some cute kids...

She looks goofy, but she was trying to tell me about the fish...
Now Barrett is telling me about the fish...
Day 4: Morgan's Wonderland & Enchanted Rock State Park
We didn't take pictures of Day3, because it was a lot of walking and shopping, nothing really exciting. We met Bonham's Aunt Kathy & his cousin, Scott at Morgan's Wonderland.
Here is Barrett going down the slide with Aunt Kathy, or as he says it, 'Kahki'
I think he likes, but I'm not sure... hahaha
Bonham & Scott
Climb, climb, climb...
They had a lot of neat toys for the kids to play with...

Jayna & Scott
Aunt Kathy playing.... This place was so open and there weren't a lot of people there. They had some cool stuff, beautiful artwork.

The boys, playing....

Just some pictures of fun stuff on the playground...





More pictures in the next post, labeled as 'part 2'....
I posted these in reverse (date) order so that they would flow into each other. =)

1 comment:

Alyson Steiner said...

What great pictures!!!! I loved the one of Barrett on the Komodo dragon with Jayna in the background...hilarious face!

Can't wait to see more...can't believe you did that much outside in the heat! You're very brave!!